When I'm with you

TAEHYUNG POV

"You have snowflakes in your hair" I brush off some strands of hair, removing snow from her locks. "It's cold here".

Christmas is coming in a week.

She spares a glance at me. "Let's go before we get more trapped in snow."

I motioned her to follow my steps.Not walking too fast, not even too slow. It's cold yet warm today. It's been a month since snow started to make people happy by its presence. I tilt my head in her direction.

"So..." She looks up at me.

Oh lord. those puppy doe eyes, I swear to swim in them forever.

"Are you ready to shift?"

She nods. I know she is still not sure about it.

"Tae , I need some more toiletries and then I can be sure of everything, since you helped me with almost everything."

I slide my hands to hold her right arm and move her closer to me. "Don't worry, you’ve got me."
She peers and stops for a moment.

"What happened, y/n?"

She turns around to face me. Heavy snowy wind hitting my face, I close my eyes for a moment. In a second blink I feel her hugging me. I return my arms, engulfing this tiny bean under my robust body. Making sure she feels secure enough. Tapping softly on her back gives encouragement that she is not alone in her situation.

"I will never be able to thank you," she exclaims from our hug. "For everything you did." She hugs me again. Squeezing me as hard as she can.
I chuckle at her poor stamina. "I told you, y/n , you are never alone and please stop questioning yourself about what happened."

She acts a bit stern now. Not wanting to believe my words, she gets away from our warm contact. She walks - no, more like rushing.

"Y/n stop!" I run towards her.

"I'm mad Tae , mad at you ok?"

I let out some curses. "Mad? What for? And for fuck’s sake, stop running." I breathe a little hard.

"Oh, so should I love you for what you did in the morning?"

Ahh, so she is my strong girl now. Acting like she is diverting the topic, but the real reason behind this cute fight is, she does not want to continue talking about her past. An incident that happened that changed her so much.

For now, ‘till we get back to my apartment, I carry on with this fighting. "I can't help if you are scared of fishes, baby." I see her adjusting to adapt to normal breathing.

"Oh, so you mean to say that I got terrified by seeing a fish? That happened to be a shark, Tae !?"
I laugh while replaying what happened in the morning. When I took her to the amusement park, we both really enjoyed each other's company in this cold, snowy weather.