Chapter one

(Thalia is right now 7 years old)

Thalia awakes to the sounds of birds chirping outside her window. The sun shines through, brightening up the room. She sits up and yawns, looking around her very big room. She jumps out of the bed and walks over to her huge wardrobe. She pulled off her nightgown and pulled on a white shirt, brown pants, and her brown boots. She then grabbed her small bow and arrow and went to go find her uncle Kíli for her archery lesson.

She tried to open her very large bedroom door, but had to have assistance from the guard standing outside her room. She curtsied to him then ran off to find her uncle.

She was in such a hurry that she didn't see the dwarf standing in her way before she ran into the back of him. She fell to the ground with a thud. She looked up to see three of her uncles standing and looking down at her. She smiled and jumped up and hugged them all.

"Uncle Dwalin! Uncle Nori! Uncle Bofur!"

They all chuckled and hugged her back.

"Where are you off to in such a hurry, little lassie," Bofur asked.

"I'm looking for uncle Kíli for my archery lesson."

"I think I saw him in the throne room with your father and uncle Fíli a few minutes ago," Dwalin said.

"Thank you uncle Dwalin. I will go check there."

She said goodbye and walked towards the throne room. She was greeted by the guards standing outside and they opened the doors for her. She walked in and saw her two uncles standing with their backs facing her. She also saw her father sitting on his throne speaking to them. She hide behind a pillar and decided to sneak up on them. She moved quietly behind the pillars and was now standing behind her father's throne. She caught the eye of Fíli and she put a finger to her mouth. He nod and looked back to Thorin. While Thorin wasn't looking, Fíli nudged Kíli and pointed towards Thalia. She motioned to her father to say that she was going to scare him.

She sat behind the throne and mentally counted in her head to three. Then she jumped out and yelled loudly and jumped in front of her father. But he wasn't there. She stood confused and looked at the throne.

She was then picked up from behind by none other than her father. She giggled and squirmed as he tickled her.

"No stop it Papa, stop it!"

He set her down and let out a laugh.

"Were you trying to scare me? The King of Erebor? That is a high offense and the punishment for it is tickling."

She giggled and looked to her uncles standing next to Thorin.

"And it is our duty as the princes to tell the king if someone is trying to scare him."

She pouted playfully and crossed her arms.

Thorin chuckled and looked to her, walking back to his throne. "What are you doing, my child? Where are you off to?"

He sat back down and patted his leg for her to sit on. She walked over to him and jumped on his lap.

"I came looking for uncle Kíli for my archery lesson."

Kíli chuckled,"Well I don't think your ready for another lesson if you yet haven't mastered the art of scaring without getting caught."

She looked at him angrily,"It's your fault! You told him I was going to scare him!"

Fíli stepped forward,"That's why you never trust anyone. Not even your own kin."

She huffed,"Can we just go do the lesson? Please?"

She showed her big puppy dog eyes to Kíli. He sighed and nodded. She smiled and cheered.

She looked to her father and asked,"Would you like to come papa?"

"I'm sorry my child, but I must stay here to run the kingdom. You can't have a kingdom without your King."

She sighed sadly," Ok papa. But one day you will have to come to see how good I am."

Kíli snorts and tries to hide his laughter. Thalia rolls her eyes and looks back to her father.

"Alright, one day I will come and watch you. I promise."

She smiled and jumped off of Thorin's lap. But before she left she planted a kiss on his cheek and said goodbye.

Then she followed her uncles out to the forest for her lesson.

(Yay, first chapter! I hope you enjoyed the first one and the second one will be up hopefully soon.)