5. the quickest way to lose a finger

She froze quickly as the voice hit her ears.

Shaking it off she began to keep walking, pretending wasn't her but it was too late.

Hands gripped both of her shoulders and spun her round leaving her face to face with none other than Harry Hook.

Cursing her hesitation, Maeve wretched his hands off of her pushing him away.

Touching her was the quickest way to lose your fingers anyone on the isle knew that but Harry didn't care and Maeve was too tired to fight.

"get your hands off me"
she spat, morphing her face into a snarl.

She was too tired to fight but she would be damned if Hook didn't learn his lesson.

"now, now Cas that's no way to speak to your fellow first mate"

there was an air of superiority to his tone one that sent her into a blind rage as soon as she heard it.

" and how am I suppose to speak to you?"

"with respect"

That sent her over the edge.
His smug look along with his carefree tone almost made her see red.

"respect? You don't deserve my respect with the shit you pull"

closing the distance between them, with such a tone that even he stepped back

"in fact you know what you deserve?" she continued

"my knife between your-"

stopping herself, Maeve took a breath realising it wasn't worth it

"what do you want Hook?"

He blinked in surprise, probably shocked she hadn't continued with her threat.
But then it was gone replace with that carefree expression

"well i was just wondering what my darling first mate was up to under the docks-"

he paused to look her up and down

"but from looking at you I feel I have all the answers".

Confusion flooded through her at his statement and it must have shown on her face as Harry decided to chip in again

"Whose the lucky guy Castilia? And where is he?".

Oh.
Oh.

She took in her crumpled shirt and tangled hair.
He thought she slept with someone. Realisation hit her as he carried on.

"after all I have to congratulate him. I mean fucking you of all people, how did he get past the-"

"quiet Hook"

she snapped back, shifting uncomfortably at his words.

Maeve wasn't a stranger to sex. Almost nobody on the isle was, it was more of a stress reliver than an emotional connection but still it was rare for Maeve to be caught with someone like that, she made sure nobody ever did.

"I haven't been caught" she reminded herself, she hadnt fucked anybody tonight but with Hook looking at her like that.
"fuck it".
There was no harm in messing with him a little.
She met his gaze unashamed staring into his eyes daring him to continue taunting her.

The pair stayed like that for a while until Harry broke the silence

" Seriously Cas, where is he? I'm beginning to get a little worried".

Back to their usual sniping.

"I pushed him in the sea"

she retorted, delighting in the brief shock on his face

"after all" she continued "what else was he good for".

Harrys usual carefree expression settled back onto his face

"we had a good time after all, I had a better time than most of the girls in your bed. I'd bet on it".

That set something off in him, he stalked towards her closing the gap between them and ignoring her noise of disgust.

"well Cas, next time your in need of a good time you can always come to me"

he remarked, his voice low, looking down at her.

He was taller by a few inches, another weapon in his arsenal of taunts.

"my bed is always open".

Disgust rose within her, but she controlled it and leaned in to whisper in his ear

"in your fucking dreams Hook"

Then she shoved him off her and turned on her heel strutting away, chalking up a victory to her.

She didn't turn round but she knew he had stood there for a few seconds before straightening himself out and returning to whatever mischief he was getting into prior to her arrival.

A smirk graced her features but a slight confusion rested in her stomach.

She hadnt missed the unreadable look that had crossed his features when she had told him she'd had a good time.

Or when she'd given him the impression of accepting his offer.

Brushing the thoughts of Harry Hook aside, she sauntered towards the flickering lights of Ursula's fish and chip shop, in search of her best friend and another meal.

Two chapters in one day :o
Also I will get to the actual plot of descendants 2 soon, there's just some shit I have to set up first