Dreams and Rage

The rabbits and (Y/n) were in medical attire awaiting tests to ensure that they were still fit to fight. On the tv in the waiting room, the news was covering the Wulgaru attack on the satellites and their failed defense.

Sugura: The news is really laying into us...

Tamaki: So the Wulgaru are actually called the Half Fried Rice Tofu Empire

(Y/n): I don't think that's correct Tamaki... 

Sugura: Are you too stupid to have common sense?

Tamaki: I can go through life without common sense!!!

Kei: What kind of retort was that?

(Y/n): *thinking* She really does act like a child sometimes.... 

Asagi: They keep showing the part where I messed up.

(Y/n): Yet I was the one who was the fastest and who pursued the wulgaru. *yawns* Ugh I am tired... why do we need to do these medical checks... I am tired of seeing labcoats 

Nurse: *approaches the teens* Sorry for the wait

Sugura: *Snaps to attention* No no! Its alright we weren't waiting lo-

(y/n): *walks by Sugura* Lets get this over with...

The medical checkups went by with no issue and results came back normal except for two members.

Rin: Everyone seems to be in normal health. You are now dismissed. The next mission will be given to you soon.

Rin and the nurses wait for the Rabbits and (y/n) to leave before they soon speak in private.

Rin: So how are they?

Nurse: Well most of them are healthy except that Izuru has had some abnormalities in his results which might need more tests. And (y/n)... I have never seen results like this.

Rin looked over the results and saw that his body was more accustomed to space and higher reaction speed in the frames in simulations. Despite this, his mental state was off the charts. His psychological damage is seen and the section of the brain associated with memory showing signs of degradation, however the damage was minor and showed signs of slowly being healed 

Rin: How is this possible? 

Nurse: We don't know. Its like he is human but evolved 

Rin: Run some more tests. This cant be possible 

Nurse: Its true, but psychological damage is what I am worried about. Sending them out on sorties repeatedly could cause some damage that may harm them in the long run. And the Pale rider... *slides page over to show a psychiatrics test* He has it worst. 

Rin: How?

Nurse: We noticed his recklessness is caused by his lack of self worth as a person and believes himself to simply die in battle. In lemans terms... He wants to die every single time he sorties.

Rin: *thinking* He's so young... He has so much to live for... but he wants to fight... what world did he come from that has treated him so harshly?

Nurse: It gets worse. *shows an image of several scars and wounds over his body* These were all over him. They are mostly surgical in nature but it was like he was a test body for something. The other thing is that his body is more accustomed to space. It seems like he is what the JDP's original goal was.

Rin: Just what kind of world did he come from?

Nurse: I have a suggestion to help with the mental strain.