1.4 - Lorelai

─────── ───────

1.4 - Lorelai

─────── ───────

Tw: mentions of alcohol + getting drunk (legally)

a/n: "Add in an authors note with ana telling readers to lisetn to swan lake 1 hr whilst reading #flummoxed" - icryoverfictionalmen , thank you for editing and making this chapter exclusively delish.

Lorelai Clément hates Wilbur Soot.

"Don't start." Lorelai sighs deeply, turning away from the front doorway of her house, (Which coincidentally, was the space Wilbur Soot was taking up).

Wilbur follows her shortly through the living space, "Lorelai—"

"Stalker."

"You gave me your address!" Wilbur exclaims, "How am I the antagonist here?"

"Sometimes you just take that role." Lorelai replies lowly.

"And how so?" Wil crosses his arms, awaiting an answer.

It'd been weeks of this.

Not necessarily 'fighting'—more or so 'bickering'—in a friendly-not-so-friendly-way.

Wil doesn't really know when to stop. Once he wants something, he perseveres. So that's why the second he got back from America, as did Lorelai, he continued to visit her.

And Lorelai would be called a liar if she said she didn't enjoy every bit of it.

"You're—you!" She exclaimed, turning to face Wil in the middle of her hallway, "You don't give up on anything ever, you take everything and everyone for granted, and you're so nitpicky! You're a very high-maintenance person—"

"Do you love me?" Wil interrupts, as always.

"Yes," Lorelai said before thinking, "You're constantly pushing and pushing and pushing and you don't know when to stop and it's bloody infuriating—"

"You're beautiful when you talk like that." He cuts her off, in a strange trance as her face reddens from the rant, "You're always beautiful."

"Not the time." She snapped, going back to walking through the residence with no real destination, "And you continue to show up at my house for who knows what reason—If this is all just a game you might as well just say it now because I—"

"It's not a game." The brunet furrowed his brow, now finding himself on the opposing side of Lorelai's kitchen island, "You know that."

"No Wilbur, I don't know that" She said with finality, looking directly into his eyes for the first time since opening the door, "I don't know anything anymore!"

"Do you know that I care about you?" He asked simply, "...Maybe too much...."

"Too much, yes." She replied, tapping her fingers against the granite counter.

"Then you know something." Wilbur didn't break eye contact with her, "Start with that."

"I've moved on from you." Lorelai ignored his desperation, replacing it with her own, "With many men—and women."

"Women?" He quirked an eyebrow, "Good for you."

"It only takes a shitty British guy for some self-discovery." She said, teasing now.