Kalos Route 2!

After finally escaping the soft rock rhino, Chespin and I finally started our journey.

For real this time.

In my bag were Pokeballs, Potions, Antidote, Paralyze heals, Burn heals, Camping gear and food.

In the distance I can see Serena showing Shauna how to catch a pokemon.

Hate her as I might, She is a prodigy in training pokemon. I'll actually be surprised if she was bad at it, with her parents being ex-Gym trainers.

Managing to dodge Serena and Shauna, Chespin and I venture into the great outdoors.

"Okay Chespin, The first Gym on our journey trains bug type pokemon. So you're going to need to know a move that can beat them easily." I tell my starter as we take a break on a nice hill an hour into route 2.

The current plan is to reach Santalune city. battle the first pokemon gym, get our first gym badge, and on our way to Cyllage City to get our second badge we will stop at Lumiose City to meet the professor.

"Now, back when we fought Shauna I told you to dodge an attack. In order to do so, You rolled out of the way. Do you mind doing so again little guy?" I ask Chespin, Currently looking at the river that passes next to route 2.

"Chespin? Ches!" Chespin cheers as he turn around to me before he crouches down on all four and jumps forward, mid jump he pulls his body into a spiky ball and uses the momentum from his leap to roll forward.

As he's rolling like a ball of spikes, I take out the Pokedex in order to learn a bit about Chespin.

First entry on it states, "The quills on its head are usually soft. When it flexes them, the points become so hard and sharp that they can pierce rock" And the second states "Such a thick shell of wood covers its head and back that even a direct hit from a truck wouldn't faze it"

Interesting. "Okay Chespin, That's enough. You can stop rolling around now." I tell the spiky ball of green and it stops to look at me.

"Chespin Ches! Pin Pin Pin!" He looks up at me with those eyes full of excitement.

We continue walking towards Santalune Forest, The midway point between Route 2 and Route 3.

After another hour or two of alternating between walking and having Chespin learn Rollout, I decide to make camp for the night. We can see Santalune forest in the distance, a twenty minute walk away.

As we get ready to catch sleep Chespin decides that he wants to roll around again.

While I set up my tent, Chespin manages to roll into a nearby bush.

"Zag!" I hear a cry and turn to look. Chespin seemed to accidentally hit a Zigzagoon that was in the bush.

"Che Pin, Pin Pin" I think Chespin is trying to apologize to the normal type raccoon, but with the snarling face from the normal type, I don't think he's having it.

"Zig!" The Zigzagoon leaps forward towards Chespin with a tackle.

"Ches!" Chespin shouts in surprise as he dodges out of the way.

"Chespin! Use Vine whip in order to knock him out!" I yell my order towards Chespin.

"Chespin!" The vines that sprout from the back of his shell quickly whip forward towards the angry Zigzagoon.

"Zagoon!" The Zigzagoon cries out in pain as it's hit in the head by the vine whip.

"Now Chespin! Roll towards him!" I order my starter.

"Ches Pin!" Chespin jumps in the air and turns into the shape of a the spiky nut he's named after, and when he lands back on the ground, he rolls towards the Zigzagoon like a wrecking ball of spikes and momentum.

"Zigzagoon..." The Zigzagoon sees Chespin rolling towards it and sees that there is no place to dodge from the bush he's in.

BAM!

Chespin rolling ball of spikes hits Zigzagoon right in the face, Knocking it out and throwing it away.

"Chespin! We did it!" I yell out, We fought and beat our first wild pokemon.

"Ches? Chespin!" Chespin turns to look at me and soon starts cheering as well.

Today was a long day. From getting a starter pokemon, starting my pokemon journey, meeting all those new people.

I think I deserve some sleep now.

As I head into the tent after watching the sunset over Santalune Forest, I enter my tent while thinking of a training regiment for Chespin.

First thing to do is to learn the rock type move Roll Out, we're already half way there.

As I close my eyes and hear the soft snores coming from Chespin, I think to myself "Maybe going outside isn't so bad"

"Ches... pinpinpinpinpin... ches... pinpinpinpinpin..."

Chapter 4 is out. This is basically Route 1 from the games, Just longer to give it a feel of real world size.

I Skipped the Catching tutorial because I'm pretty sure everybody knows how to capture pokemon in that world, no need for a tutorial.

I changed the trainer battle from route 1 with a wild Zigzagoon. I don't think battling youngsters outside of a forest during the evening is something people would do in this world.

So, If you didn't understand yet. This version of Neta is more introverted than his other incarnations from my fics. He's also not Isekai'd from our world into pokemon with knowledge of the future or anything, He's an orphan from Unova that was adopted by Grace Calem, the mother from the Kalos games.

Usually my stories progress pretty fast, You've probably read Gamer of the Bow, You know what I'm talking about.

So here I'm trying to take the story at a slower pace, we wont even reach Santalune City for a few more chapters, and even then take another chapter or two before the Gym Battle.

Thanks for reading so Far, please comment your thought.

~ Neta.