Slowly, but surely my senses start to work again. First thing I hear is the beeping of a machine next to me. The smell of hospital and disinfecting gel hits me next. My limbs feel numb but I still feel a burning pain in my stomach. A lack of saliva gives my mouth a horrible, bitter taste.

I try to open my eyes but they're too heavy. Trying to focus on my breathing helps me to calm down in my half conscious state of mind. After what feels like an hour I can finally open my eyes. The bright, white light in the room makes me squint me eyes immediately. This doesn't go unnoticed. I hear a chair being pulled back and somebody walk across the room. Behind my eyelids, I see that the person dimmed the lights. I try again and I'm able to open my eyes just a little, allowing them to get used to the light. Everything I see through the slits of my eyes is a blur. The only thing I know I see, is a blue couch. I've been in enough in the hospital to know that much.

Walking towards his seat, the boy became more clear. By the time he is sitting I can open my eyes completely and see everything clearly. First thing I notice is his blond hair. No, it's almost golden. Not looking at me I assume he doesn't wanna talk. The beeping of the heart monitor in getting on my nerves. I make a gesture to the unknown guy to the monitor. He doesn't notice. Trying to get out of bed in swear under my breath. The wound in my leg and stomach went from a low burning to an excruciating pain. That seems to get his attention.

"Be careful with that leg. You're lucky no vital organs were damaged." his voice sounds monotonous. Almost annoyed.

"Who are you? And do you know where my mother is?" our eyes met, that is when I recognize him. He was the one that knocked the guy down at IKEA. His golden eyes are looking awake, ready to spot trouble. But the almost black under eyes are telling me a different story.

More sympathy sounds in his voice :"Your mother is grabbing some dinner in the cafeteria." a pause where I let out a breath of relief. With a smirk he answers my first question. "And my name is Jace Wayland."

Feeling half obliged, I make an attempt to fill the silence. "I'm Nemina-" but I'm interrupted by a second voice. Cheerful compared with Jace's. "Nemina Morris. You're 19 and were planning on moving to an apartment to live on your own." A stunning girl came walking through the door. Long black hair, red lips and 6 inch heels can not be missed in the first second you see her appear.

"Isabelle, glad you could come so soon. Is Alec following?" Jace stands up and gives the girl, who must be Isabelle, a hug. "No, my lovely brother is still at the Institute, he wanted to finish that report from yesterday." Okay... Isabelle has a brother named Alec. Maybe he works for the police?

Footsteps can be heard from the corridor. I've heard that sound a thousand times before. Mom. "Oh thank god you're awake Nemina! You scared me to death. You could have died!" My mom comes almost running towards me. Tears glittering in her eyes, I feel bad for her and forget my own pain. She must have been going through hell, seeing me getting hurt that badly.

"I'm so sorry mom. I didn't think that would have happened." Cracking a small smile, which costs more effort than I'll admit, she almost trows herself at me. I jump up at the impeccable pain.

"Agh mom careful. I'm alive but I'm still hurt" Regret shows in her eyes. Forgetting that I'm pretty fragile now. "Could you maybe call a nurse?" I ask Jace, who is standing in the corner of the room together with Isabel. They exchange a look and stand there as if nothing had happened.

"Uhm sweetie, who are you talking to?" Mom gave me a look that says 'worried' and 'terrified'. I look at the two almost strangers in the room before turning back to my mom. My mind is confused. She didn't see them when she walked in?

"You didn't see them? The boy was here when I woke up and the girl came in right after." Mom let her eyes scan the room and meets my gaze again. "Darling there is no one here except you and me." I try to look behind her and realize she is right. The duo had disappeared.

"I-I must have dreamed it. They put some strong painkillers in my blood." I try to give an explanation. I don't believe what I said to her but the last thing I need is to have my mom think I'm going crazy. "Yes that must be it. I'll go get a nurse. Okay?" And with a soft pat on my arm she leaves the room. 

My eyes are feeling like bricks again. Just before I close them, when my vision is unfocussed, I see an almost wavy texture were the two visitors stood just a moment before. Then I close my eyes. But I don't fall asleep. No, I am still aware of everything.

"We need to go Jace. You weren't suppose to be here in the first place, let alone the entire time she was out." Suddenly Isabelle her tone is not as friendly. But she doesn't sound angry. "Sure." Is the only thing Jace says. Again I hear feet being dragged along the floor.

Silence...

A knock at the door alarms me the nurse has arrived. I'm able to open my eyes to look at her. She is small, probably 5 feet (= 150 cm) and is dressed in a blue hospital apron. Her brown eyes giving me a calm sensation.

"Hi Nevina, I'm doctor Pellow. Is it true you're having a lot of pain?" Her voice is exactly what I expected from her appearance.

[A/N: I'm listening to a random playlist and took the last name of the artist that I'm listening to ;)]

"Yes doctor." I give her a fake smile. She begins to twist and turn and press at all sort of things next to me. Falling drops of painkillers, dissolved in water, can only be heard from real close. 

"You might feel real sleepy after a minute or five but just allow your body to rest. If you need anything press the red button." She nods and smiles while leaving the room. "Ow Mrs? could you please follow me? there are some things I need to ask you in private." So not saying another word my mom follows the doctor outside, leaving me alone. For real this time.

But I don't feel tired anymore. My body is tingling with a sensation I can't place. Maybe fear? Maybe relief? I don't know and honestly I don't care. My thoughts are wondering without me realizing. Was I really just dreaming those people? How long had it been since the attack? Had the killer been found from that guy at Pandemonium? It makes my head hurt.

I grab the remote to turn on the TV but instead feel a notebook with a pencil. Being as curious as I am, I forget about the remote and flip through the notebook. Nothing... almost disappointed I put it down. It falls down and opens at the last page. A drawing of complex lines was drawn precisely on the paper. I take the pencil, that rolled in my lap, and examine it. The tip isn't charcoal. It is almost like a crystal. On the sides all sorts of weird drawings were engraved. Trying to bend over to grab the notebook again, the pain in my stomach flares up. Less then before so I push through, able to snatch it of the floor. On the opposite page there where written five words in a messy handwriting. A boy's.

-COPY IT ON YOUR LEG