𝟎𝟒 | 𝐒𝐚𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐞

"She is a dreamer, and he is her dream..."

A month passed in a blur, Adam had recovered in a week after the incident and was back to his old work routine

A month passed in a blur, Adam had recovered in a week after the incident and was back to his old work routine. The couple were getting closer but something was off. Aliya tried to initiate the intimacy step, but Adam always pushed her off rudely. He told her not to touch him. He was giving her all her rights, he would be nice to her but whenever they touched or she would talk about his personal life, before marriage he would become angry.

But there was one thing she loved a lot, he started to get her roses, or teddy bears when he would be back at home after office, she loved them. Not every day, but twice a week. It wasn't the fact that he gave her gifts but the fact that he gave them with love and affection.

And there was one more thing, his nightmares. Recently Adam had started having nightmares almost everyday and he would wake up looking horrible and sweating profusely. Aliya tried to talk to him about it but he was distancing himself every day. She was trying to understand him but he was blocking her off. They got better than the initial days of their marriage but they still had a long way ahead.

In this past one month, Aliya was noticing every little habit of Adam, what he liked and disliked. Like he preferred cold coffee over tea, he liked chicken over meat and the list could go on. And there was one thing she was sure of, she was falling for him and that too hard.

She thought of talking about this to her mother but it would be awkward and she believed in resolving her issues by herself. There are things between a couple that should stay between them.

She finished her magrib prayer and took the holy Quran from the shelf. She sat on the bed, her head leaning on the bed rest as she started to recite. In a few minutes, the door of her room opened revealing an exhausted Adam. She stopped reciting and observed him. He removed his coat and tie, putting them neatly on the couch. He wasn't messy, leaving alone made him learn that.

He finally removed his watch, disappeared in the bathroom to do wudhu. Meanwhile, Aliya continued her recitation, Adam was finished with his prayer. He throw himself on the bed without changing.

To Aliya's surprise, he laid his head on her lap. "Why did you stop reciting ?" He asked looking at her from her lap.

"I..nothing. You must be hungry, should I served food ?" She was about to move when Ada held her wrist causing a spark between them.

"No, just recite please.." He asked like a kid, snuggling in her tummy. Aliya understood him and started to recite in the most beautiful voice she could for her husband. Time to time, she kept caressing his head.

Half an hour later, she felt the rigid body of Adam getting relaxed and his breathing getting slower. He was asleep. She didn't want to move because or else he will wake up, and he was very exhausted. So she closed the holy book, kissed it and put it on the side table. Switching off the light, she dozed off in the same, sitting position. With her thoughts running wild.