Chapter 35

"So... Bro. You know how we can basically talk about anything with each other, right?" Marcelino says looking a little unsure of his own words.

"Did you mean to grab Demitri by the arm and drag him here instead of me?" Landon responds.

Landon is quite confused about why Marce would just blurt out a sentence that implies their being close confidants. Although they have been getting closer lately, this seemed a bit too easy to him.

"Alright. I may have... Did I come on too strong? What I mean is that I feel like I can trust you. And you know... Tell you things" There's a short silence before Marce adds "... Bestie"

"Are you like... Trying to speedily befriend me so that you can ask me something one would ask a friend?... Bestie?"

"Oh my god. Did you read my mind?"

__

"Sooo... It would seem as though your best friend stole my best friend and ran off... " Bear says to Demitri. He realises that this is the first time the two of them have been alone together.

"Feels like its been years since i heard the term best friend. Usually just call them all friends. " Demitri just says the first thing that pops into his mind. Hes never been great at small talk.

"Makes sense. Id easily say Landon is my best friend thought. Excluding you guys but were stil kinda getting to know one another right? With Landon and other friends from school however its pretty easy to discern since I dont have any other friends... At all... I mean i used to but i somehow accidentally now kinda... Date them all" Bear starts to form a small smile before the smile warps into a slightly disgusted expression "I'd never date Landon though. Hes just... Kind of an asshol to people he dates. Well you know. Non-Daddymitri people. And technically you guys arent dating, right? Are you dating?"

"I don't-"Demitri starts to say before changing his wording to "I haven't dated someone. I dont think I know how."

"what... That's... " Dimitri always expects people to call him weird for not dating his submissives. Especially their submissive's friends. For some reason it makes them think Demitri doesn't value the sub enough. Truth be told it has more to do with self value than valuing them.

"... adorable " Bear finishes. "I'm not trying to be patronising or anything but for some reason the idea of big bad Demitri being scared to put his heart out there is adorable in a pittyful puppy kind of way. "

"You're failing at not being patronising. " Demitri says it as a fact, not an accusation.

"How about you try dating Landon? You dont have to just because it's what everyone else does. I'm not one to advocate society's relationship norms at all. You guys seem to be happy as things are as well. You're in highschool though so if you were going to try dating, doing it now would be... Ceremonial for the age. "

Demitri never heard it put that simply before. He always thought that his decision to persue his interest in bdsm exempted him from 'dating'.

"Regular relationships arent supposed to have power dynamics. " Demitri tells Bear the reason he always told himself.

"Regular relationships are supposed to have two people." Bear said. "That's why I'm not in a regular relationship. Im in a polyamorous relationship. See, some people might allow their willingness to fall in love with more than one partner to stop them from being in a relationship. I, on the other hand, met someone who understood me and achieved a relationship with communication. I dont know what Landon wants but i do know that he hasnt really grown up in the most 'loving' enviroment. Sometimes for people like that they wanna feel kept with the i love yous and the boyfriend title and the anniversaries. Maybe he doesn't want that or maybe you dont, and thats okay, but have you guys talked it out? Or did you just ask him to adjust to how you want things? "