Steve finds out

At supper time, Blue finally had gotten off of you with the promise of food going into his belly. Bucky brought food into Snow and Jasper to eat, while Nat and Pepper cooed over your ring. Tony gave you a brief hug in response to the news, and told you the boys will be happy when they get home. He also went and tapped Bucky on the shoulder and gave him a proud smile. Happy seemed extremely excited for you both, and brought out some Sprite for everyone to share when Tony said he didn't want alcohol at the table. You knew it was more for your benefit and internally you were thankful. He did go out of his way to put it in wine glasses, and you giggled a little bit, thinking of the apple juice in champagne flutes that Bucky had ready at the cabin. You wondered how he got it all set up like that, and made a mental note that you had to go back to the cabin to get your flowers to bring home. You looked briefly at Tony and saw that Bucky was giving him an appreciative nod, and knew instinctively that Tony had something to do with the way your cabin was set up when you arrived.
After supper Sam excused himself to make his weekly call to his sister, while Nat and Bruce decided to go hang out in the living room. Wanda and Vision were headed to the drive in to see a movie. Steve followed you, Bucky, mama, and Uncle Brad back to the suite while Cloud, Melody and Blue went outside off the balcony in the living room . Cloud promised to come back up into the suite through the balcony there, so when you got into the suite you stopped for a moment to greet Snow and Jasper before opening the balcony door off of the suite. Bucky went to start making the tea, while you laid on the floor in front of Snow so you could pet the babies. Mama, uncle Brad and Steve all sat on the couches and chair, leaving you the loveseat to share with Bucky after.
"Are you sure you should be on the floor?" uncle Brad asked worriedly.
"Doll, you shouldn't be down there" Bucky looked over, his face full of worry as well. "That's the third time today that I've caught you on the floor" he sighed.
"I wanted to see the babies" you pouted as one leaned into your hand as you pet it.
"At least sit on the coffee table instead, we don't want you getting sick. You know you have a weak immune system" he came over and held out a hand expectantly to help you up. You gave a soft sigh, and a nod before taking his hand and he helped you up. You pulled out your phone and put on some music, nice and low and went and perched on the loveseat while you waited for Bucky to come sit. He seemed absorbed in making the tea again, so you started shuffling cards and dealing out hands for everyone.
"What are we playing?" Steve asked curiously.
"Crazy eights" uncle Brad grinned. "I might have a chance, I feel lucky tonight" he chuckled.
"I haven't played that in a while" Steve grinned and looked at his hand, and took a moment to sort through it. You didn't bother looking at your hand yet. You were watching Bucky like a hawk until he came back in with everyone's tea. You waited for him to sit down and leaned over to grace his cheek with a quick kiss.
"Thank you handsome" you cooed to him. He gave his flirty grin in response and wiggled his eyebrows at you. He picked up his hand and looked at it for a moment, but you noticed he kept clearing his throat and looking to Steve and uncle Brad and back to you. "You should tell them" you whispered, and his face lit up like a child on Christmas morning.
"We have an announcement to make" Bucky put down his cards, and you took a sip of your tea.
"You already told us you're getting married, ya jerk" Steve chuckled, while Soren cocked his head to the side looking at Bucky curiously.
"Y/N isn't sick" Bucky looked at him, sparing a glance to your uncle Brad and mama who just broke out in grins.
"That much is obvious" uncle Brad chuckled.
"What do you mean?" Steve looked completely confused.
"We are four weeks pregnant, punk" Bucky looked so excited to tell his best friend.
"Wait, that's why you've been sick the last few weeks?" Steve seemed overly surprised.
"Yes, that's also why Tony is purposefully putting off my physical to last" you nodded.
"Congratulations you two!" Steve exclaimed, getting up and pulling the both of you into a bear hug at the same time. You wriggled a little bit, but tapped him on the back a few times lovingly while both Bucky and Steve were giving each other loud claps on the back. "This is exactly the life you wanted" Steve pulled back with a huge smile.
"She's the dame of my dreams" Bucky grinned softly, pulling back from the hug.
"I'm glad I didn't find out from Tony" Steve sighed. "For a second there, I thought he was going back on our deal"
"Tony wasn't supposed to know, but he looked at my medical files after Bruce did some tests" you admitted.
"I think that's why he also pulled Y/N into the research and science division. He's been helping secretly as much as he can" Bucky grinned.
"Then I agree with Tony on this one, if you are pregnant we need to keep you out of the field for now" Steve nodded.
"There's no if, they are in there. The companions can smell it" mama gave a small smile.
"That's true," you admitted. "Blue doesn't fully understand what the change is yet, he just knows we feel sick in the morning"
"Hopefully it's only for the first few months, not all nine" mama gave a sigh. "You were a tough one"
"Have they done any tests on the baby yet?" Steve seemed curious. "I mean, you are enhanced, and Bucky is enhanced..." he trailed off.
"No, and no one is testing anything until we are out of the danger zone which is when we are past three months" you shook your head. "I'm okay with non invasive procedures, but nothing is touching our baby until we are out of the danger zone" you surprised yourself at how you just word vomited it out like that. You were protective already of the little life inside of you.
"Are you hoping for a girl, or a boy?" uncle Brad asked, knowing that you both had a few days to digest the news.
"Healthy" you both answered at the same time.
"You should see how Bucky plays on the floor with Blue, it's so adorable. I'm looking forward to seeing him with our own baby" you cooed.
"Blue is your own baby, he doesn't know the difference. You two have taken care of him since he can remember" mama spoke knowledgeably. "In fact I remember the two of you taking care of him since before he could even open his eyes". You smiled endearingly at the memory, and thought back to when you both were tip-toeing around one another, not wanting to ruin the friendship you had formed after fighting all the time when you first met. You remember sitting on two different couches, and wondering about his arm touching yours and if you should move it. Now you both sat on the same couch, and you had a hard time not sitting on his lap instead. You reveled in the close contact, and his warm embrace. You couldn't get enough of it now. You gave a soft sigh and took a sip of tea while conversation continued, but for the life of you, you weren't paying attention. You were thinking how things seemed to happen so quickly, it was almost blindsiding. Falling in love with Bucky, that's something you had never seen coming. But Cloud sure did, and Melody did too if you were going to be honest with yourself. You were barely starting to be friends when Melody started asking if you two were going to be mates, or if you already were mates. It had been a long road. You were a little sad you couldn't go on missions until further notice. You always enjoyed them, and liked training in the field with Clint. He had really trained you well, from being just a lab rat, to being able to face off with Natasha without batting an eye. You mused you had come a long way since you first started. You reached forward and took your hand of cards and shuffled them into the deck before sliding yourself on Bucky's lap. He automatically wrapped his arms around you, and kissed you on your cheek since you were sitting sideways. You remembered coming into this very room one early morning when you heard a strange sound and found out Bucky had a nightmare and you stayed with him to help him sleep a while longer. You wouldn't recognize the room anymore with its light blue walls, and dark blue accents. There were photographs lining the walls, and a huge tv mounted on the wall, that neither of you had even turned on yet. The bookshelves were steadily getting filled, but you could already imagine baby books on the shelves. You glanced around the room just in time to see Cloud coming in with Melody and Blue. Blue started running automatically towards both you and Bucky, but uncle Brad scooped down at the last second and grabbed him and held him close, giving him some rubs behind the ears while he barked playfully. Soren let out a small cry to tease Blue, who started sniffing at him and licking at his feathers. You saw Soren was careful not to let his talons touch Blue, keeping them on the leather brace that your uncle wore on top of his clothes.
"My baby is all grown up" mama's voice cut through your musings and you blushed looking over. "And also not paying attention to the conversation again"
"I was just thinking," you admitted. "Bucky and I have come a long way since we first met. It's hard to believe that we are here where we are today"
"Too much wasted time if you ask me." Bucky murmured and kissed you on the side of your neck, his beard scratching against the skin.
"But it ended perfectly" you gave a wide smile as he started peppering your neck with soft kisses.
"I couldn't agree more" Steve smirked watching his best friend look like he was in Heaven. "That painting is finished"
"Good, I want to put it in here" Bucky pulled back from you. You remembered it was a painting of when you both were snuggled in together, with Blue in your arms and you were both cuddling him. "I don't want anything to happen to it, since we are going to have the cabin renovated, again"
"What are you doing to it this time?" mama asked quickly.
"We are adding on some extra bedrooms" you gave a shy smile.
"Plural, as in more than one?" uncle Brad asked for confirmation.
"Well, we might have visitors, but we also both want more than just one child" Bucky grinned proudly. "And with two heats a year by the looks of it..." he drifted off.
"Yeah, there's no getting away from the heat," uncle Brad chuckled. "I remember the longer I was away from my wife, the more painful it would get"
"That was incredibly painful," you agreed. "We spent over twelve hours apart, not being able to be one with one another, and it got excruciating"
"It was excruciating waiting for you to get out of surgery and I couldn't even see you not knowing what was happening." Bucky whispered.
"I'll admit, I've never seen him cry like that," Steve added softly. You looked at Bucky in surprise, and he shrugged slightly. You didn't know he had cried that day. You gave him a soft kiss on the cheek and reached for your tea with a yawn and took another sip.
"You two should get some actual sleep, not that fake sleep you two were likely doing this afternoon" uncle Brad teased. "We can play cards tomorrow afternoon, or in the morning" he I Looked around and both mama and Steve nodded.
" I vote in the afternoon" you whispered. "Mornings are a bit rough"
"Afternoon it is" uncle Brad stood up and handed you Blue. Blue automatically went to licking both your face and Bucky's while everyone else stood up. "See you in the morning kids" he headed out the suite door. Mama came to give you both a kiss, then gave one to Blue before she walked out.
"Did you want me to take him?" Steve asked, holding out his hands expectantly. Bucky looked at you and you blushed.
"No, that's okay Stevie. Thank you though" you gave a wan smile.
"If you change your mind, I'm right next door" he grinned and headed out the door.
"Are you getting tired, sugar?" Bucky asked gently after the door closed.
"I've been tired all day" you giggled, admitting it out loud. "We forgot to bring the flowers back with us, and they would look wonderful in here" you sighed softly.
"I'll tell you what, tomorrow morning, once you are feeling a little bit better, enough to nap at least. I'll run over and get them, and bring them back" he kissed your cheek again.
"I can go..." you drifted off and he looked at you. You flushed realizing you likely couldn't. "Thank you, I appreciate it" you revised your sentence. Bucky chuckled and stood up, taking you with him. He carefully set you down on your feet gracefully, and you rewarded him with a kiss on the cheek and he picked up all the empty tea cups and brought them into the kitchenette and he loaded the mini dishwasher and started it so you would have clean cups to use tomorrow.