prologue

———————————————————
the creation
———————————————————

NEBULA, THE PEAK OF CREATION, the honor of those who live. But truly, what was Nebula? She was a star of a person, of a planet and of a soul. The only one who was the successor of before and after she was nothing but also everything. She was someone who shouldn't have existed.

Nebula, a devoted ruler of the magi, the people of the sky who lived far from earth with technology that was out of this world. The magi were old human-like people who lived on the stars of Aquila.  Aquila was their home, their only beckoning of wrath. Aquila was the constellation of the magi, who weren't good people consumed with greed and gluttony. Nebula was different, twisted in their sick reality of life. She was their heir, their 'mother'. To them she was lucky, taught by the ones that came before with just an attitude of peace and perfection. Nebula was easily tainted by the gut of existence tearing into her souls.

One fateful night everything changed. The voices had started, the ones who weren't real crept into her ear spewing lies and unkempt truths. They called to her, clutched at her and turned her into their own. She was desperately fascinated by them as they grew in her ears, circled around her eyes to see, to take what wasn't theirs. She was only twenty when she fell in love with one of them. A universal regret that would pass for generations.

——-

"We must hide my love." she murmured to herself, as she giggled around the secluded hallways and quiet rooms.

"And what if I don't want to?" Speaking again a voice more feminine, less rough, more airy, even free. She had stopped taking her own hand to hold, nodding as eyes blinded white and confused. She was lean, the only thing that would get her caught was the slight protruding belly against the torn and ripped dress. She could've hidden easily away from their peering eyes.

"we have to go!" yelled a rough scratchy voice angered as her fist pounded the walls. claws ripped her dress more, for they wanted to see the sight of their heir. She hated this, hated them, she even hated him. Nebula pushed and shoved away the claws, throwing herself into her room. Ignoring the face and voice of the man that told her to run. She wasn't going to leave the place that treated her as if she was their glory.

"He tells me to leave as if this wasn't his fault." frantic she moved to change her clothes to something more elegant, more like royalty. She gazed into the shattered mirror, the soulless black eyes tracing her figure gently patting her belly with an unnatural grin.

"You don't hate me, I gave you everything? Did I not?" The mirror captured the scene as her voice changed to something more sinister. Lips quirked into the sly grin of a man that doesn't exist. the man had caressed the stomach poking and prodding at it like it was an illusion. Quickly as if the eons moved towards us the mirror shattered. They don't like to be seen anyway.

"You shouldn't go in there!" Hissed a voice distorted as if it was trying to sound human. The rattling of the doorknob moved Nebula to sit in front of the mirror weeping. Opening the door a woman peeked her head in, covered by a veil nothing could be seen.

"You must come out now, the people are envious." it said while glaring at her belly. Nebula caught her stare and made a face, the magi knew she was wrong when she saw that face and ran out. As honest as she could be, the magi freaked her out. Never once did they smile, or even pretend to be happy at all. They were just there, since the time she had formed from the tears and dust of the deceased as an infant. She was different. She couldn't speak the same language as them. She didn't look like them, surely she didn't think like them. She just wasn't them, never will be, never can be.

She was Nebula, daughter of the star of the ancient galaxy before them. She was Nebula and she was once everything. As the child in her stomach grew they were losing that everything, her fading soul away like a speck of dust in the wind.

——

Rupture, blood and sweat through the skin of stars. Clutched the hands of her followers, with pain coursing through her veins and tears. pushed and pushed, as if she was ripping her souls apart and into the tiny being coming out. the wailing never stopped and horror never stopped, this pain would never stop. It wasn't until 16 hours later the pain had ended. The sound of wailing screeched from the thing covered in blood. Then it stopped, silence filled the room, Nebula screamed for the magi to move and help her with the child. They weren't moving, no one was.

A blood curdling scream came from their queen, well what was once left of her. Life history turning and repeating itself again. Nebula was being diminished into her seven souls expanding and moving into the tiny infant who wouldn't stop screaming. The magi chanted, they sang and praised. For they had told her of this consequence. But Nebula didn't listen she never did. They never understood her way of life and thinking. They tolerated her to bring someone powerful before them to birth the perfect leader. When she had become queen she was five years old but in actual age she was 5000. Her parents bestowed on her and for centuries or even millennia this continued.

As the final souls breached the child's body allowing it to stop its cries and view the life of the magi. The cries for nebula faded off into the distance. As a curse she had disappeared like a soft spring breeze leaving nothing behind but her heir. Her haunting voice swept the air and she named the child and her final gift to them.

The daughter of stars by the stars and a part of the constellations. "Hoshi" the child of Nebula, her demise and her revelation of karma's revenge. For Nebula was the creator and parishioner of life, a divine and powerful being; and she was tainted, becoming not the creator of life but the creator of death. Leaving the magi's fate in pure fear and destruction. As if the stars moved slowly but surely, the clock was ticking. The time had come.

———

———————————————————

notes

okayyy, so this took unnecessarily long because I'm actually really busy and never on this app so I do forget 🤷‍♀️. also the plot is very much everywhere because I just be writing whatever comes to mind 😱. I also do apologize if the writing actually fucking sucks I haven't written anything like this in a long time. So listen now go easy on me but do be critical and give me some pointers. Yeah so next chapter update probably in like idk a month lol I actually don't know.

Extremely Unedited

THANK YOU FOR READING !!!! 🫶🫶

- merrycookie