Chapter 31: Like Like

A/N:  A/N: about four more chapters to go :") I think Ollie is getting some brain cells, y'all

Whatever setting Haruto had his seat warmers on must've been placed at the perfect temperature that I ultimately passed out with my cheek against the door. His hand gently stirred me from my short nap, his jacket still draped over me. The car was turned off, but the seat was still warm.

"We're here," he said. I glanced outside, realizing he had parked in a parking structure, rows of cars behind him. With a yawn, I sat up straighter in the seat. "If you'd rather get some sleep at home, I can take you there instead."

I mumbled a no from my lips, his jacket shifting to my lap. "I'm not tired."

He laughed, the lie obvious, but I wasn't about turn down his offer after having him pick me up and drive me here. Which must've meant this parking garage was to his apartment complex. "I'll pull up the restaurant's menu once we get upstairs. They deliver quickly, so I figured it'd be easier than driving there and back."

"Okay." The smile hadn't left his face, even as he grabbed his belongings and opened the car door. I was certain the redness hadn't left my face, regardless if it was from the heater or from being in Haruto's presence, so I kept the jacket close to my chest, ready to hide my cheeks in it if Haruto stared too long.

He locked his car before heading toward the elevators. "Once the food arrives, I can put on whatever you'd like to watch. I splurged and got most of the streaming sites, but we can watch Youtube videos instead if you'd like. There are some music videos that I wouldn't mind watching with you."

Whether he was rambling to fill the silence or excited to have me over, I couldn't tell.

"It is your place," I told him as we got in the elevators. "You can watch whatever."

He smirked. "But you're the guest. It would be rude if I forced you to watch Wonho's thirst traps."

I laughed, remembering the muscular guy Haruto loved to gush over. "I wouldn't say I'm opposed. Though, I'd be concerned if that's all you watch in your spare time."

He shook his head. "Not all the time. There are some other artists I follow, though, with some epic music videos."

I hummed as the elevator doors closed before ascending to his floor, then slowed to a stop. The doors chimed as they opened, Haruto leading down a rather fancy hallway, waving to a neighbor as they headed in the opposite direction. They spared me a charming smile as I followed after Haruto, increasingly aware that I was getting closer and closer to his home.

It was suddenly becoming real that things were shifting beyond our usual routine of talking at the coffee shop and casually hanging out. To think I'd willingly agree to visit his home would have been an impossible thought just a few days ago. And yet, here I was, waiting for Haruto to find the correct key to his front door. He mumbled a curse as he nearly dropped the keys, laughing it off as he opened the door.

It was weird to associate a smell with a person, but his apartment smelled exactly like him. The lingering scent of coffee wafted through the air, mingling with that warm feeling I had always gotten around him. Haruto's presence was everywhere, not that I was complaining.

"Welcome to my humble abode—" he gestured with his hands. "Or, whatever cheesy thing they say. Ignore the mess near the kitchen. Janice asked me to order a few things for the cafe; I hadn't brought it down to my car yet."

Even though he called it a mess, the bags of coffee cup sleeves, syrups, and other supplies were stacked in a neat pile. Suppose that was what he called a mess, then I was concerned about what he'd think if he'd visited my apartment. I probably had three jackets and a couple of old takeout bags on the counters.