Newcomer

A comfy ranch house sits on some open plains. There are fruit trees scattered about, offering shade and nutrition. The biggest tree - an apple tree, was right next to a pond that is connected to a small creek.

"Home sweet home, I suppose" I smile. Titan and Ares give out whinnies. "Now that we finally made it all the way out here, it's much more pretty than I'd ever imagine. But we can go look around more when you've rested, I know I'd need rest after pulling a wagon all this way from the train station. But me and Diablo will head to town for some food for us all"

I glance back and watch Diablo whinny, his lead was tied to the back of the wagon along with Buck.

Titan and Ares pull the wagon alongside the front porch, before I hop out and unhook them from the wagon. Leading them over to the stables I hang up all of their equipment and get them settled in their stalls. Walking back over to the wagon I grab the tack and saddle up Diablo. "Alright you two stay here and behave like good horses while I carry in these last few bags of belongings."

The last thing I need is to have someone rob what few personal belongings I brought with me. 'Especially since a good portion are personal and irreplaceable' I thought as I walked back out of my house, with burlap bags in hand. I untied Buck from the back of the wagon, between him and Diablo.

"Hmmmm. Wanna come along buddy? We're gonna need your help too now that I think about it. Diablo won't be able to carry me, food, and your guys' feed." I pat his nose and he nearly knocks me over with his head. "I'll take that as a yes, let's go buddy" I chuckle. I hop onto Diablo, tying Buck's lead to the horn of Diablos saddle.

🏜🌻🏜🌻🏜🌻🏜🌻🏜

Trotting into town I said my hellos to everyone. A lot looks, and comments about how big my horses are funnily enough too.

Tying Diablo up, I walk into the general store first. Getting some vegetables, meats, and some staple foods I hear loud voices outside. Looking out the front window I see three girls ogling over Diablo and Buck. "Thank you, have a good day!" I say grabbing my bags of food, heading out.

"Oh! Are these horses yours!? They're so big! And pretty!" A short haired blonde girl said.

"Yeah they're quite the horses! We've never seen horses this big in Miradero." Another girl with a brown braid commented.

"Are they fast!? I bet they're super fast! But not faster than Spirit and me though, we're the fastest pair in Miradero" a girl with loose brown hair said, pointing to herself.

I let out a chuckle, throwing my food bags tied together over Diablos withers. "Yes these are my horses. Diablo and Buck are both Friesians. They're pretty fast too, so maybe we'll have to race sometime..."

"Lucky Prescott! And this is Pru and Abigail! Sorry we should've introduced ourselves."

"I'm Savannah Davis. But like I said, maybe we can go racing sometime." I explain as I start walking to the next store over, the feed store. "But right now I'm getting used to being out here. After all, I just arrived today." I explain as the girls followed me into the feed store. Four bags should do the trick, at least for the next two days since they have plenty of grass to eat. "Four bags of horse feed please" I order.

"So how many horses do you have? Or is it just Diablo and Buck?" Abigail asked.

"I have four right now. Like I said, I just moved out here."

"Wow! What kind do you have!?" Abigail peered up to me as I paid for my feed. Each of the girls grabbed a bag of feed from the counter, leaving one for me to grab. 'Wow that was nice of them'. I thought.

"Oh, thank you girls! I have two Percherons. A dapple grey stallion named Titan, and a blue roan named Ares."

A man opened the front door, walking into the feed store. He stopped when he saw us heading towards the door. Giving the kids a frown and furrowed brows, his expression changed when he looked at me. His eyebrows raised quickly, and just as quickly they went back down, back into a neutral expression.

"Grayson" the girls grumble.

"You girlies keeping outta trouble? I'd hope so with a new face in town"

"We're just fine Grayson, but thanks" Lucky said as the girls walk out the front door he held open.

"You seem to have quite the fans" I chuckle, holding my free hand out "I'm Savannah Davis. Just moved here this morning"

"Harlan Grayson. If you need any pointers out here in the Wild West, you just come find me." He shook my hand hand.

"I'll keep that in mind, thank you. I have to get back now, have a good day Mr. Grayson."

"You have a good one yourself, Mrs. Davis."

"Thank you, and it Miss not Mrs." I shot him a wink as I walked out the door. Lucky and the girls had already got the feed bags they carried tied and on Buck. All I had to do was tie my bag to the rest and it would all be set.

"Can we come see your other horses sometime!?" Abigail beamed.

"Sure. But it's gonna be a bit though. Maybe this Saturday if y'all aren't doing anything."

"That's only four days! Yay! I can't wait to see them!" Abigail cheered. I just chuckle as I mount Diablo.

"Alright girls, I'll be in town Saturday so I can take you up there myself. It's a ways away."

"Where is it by?" Pru asked.

"I don't know, todays my first day here I haven't learned the area yet. It's just east of Miradero, that's as much as I know. But you girls have fun and stay safe! See you Saturday!" I waved as they said their goodbyes. Passing the feed store again, I looked in the windows and saw Mr. Grayson at the counter paying for his purchase. With a small wave he waved back, but did a double take right as I took off.