31: 𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔡𝔞𝔶, 𝔴𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔢 𝔬𝔨𝔞𝔶

TW: mentions of suicide and suicidal ideation [LIKE A LOT, GUYS!!! DONT READ IF YOU'RE HAVING A BAD DAY/MAY BE TRIGGERED BY THESE THEMES PLEASE!!!!] and food restriction/ed

There is quite literally nothing but angst after the second segment, so read until the ******** after the first part.

James was officially poison-free.

He chewed his lip as Madame Pomfrey made her final check. He suspected he should've been happy, but his stomach coiled at the thought of Sirius.

Last he remembered, Sirius was shaking in their dormitory, delivering the news that made James's heart drop. Now, when they shared a room at night, altercations would be inevitable.

"Excited to be going, mate?" Remus asked, sprawled out with his Arithmancy textbook. Brigitte was sitting at the foot of his bed, spinning her wand in her hand idly. James watched the mesmerizing movement, her long, pale fingers weaving the wood in and out, back and forth.

He stared at her a lot these days, always unconsciously, his eyes instantly drifting to the most beautiful thing in the room.

James shrugged his shoulders, drumming his hands at his sides awkwardly. "I s'ppose. I'll bring notes, don't miss me too much."

Remus didn't even look up. "Oh, I'll try. But I must say, prongs, I don't think I can survive a day without your dulcet tones. Do visit."

James grinned, placing a hand on his shoulder. Remus had never been able to express any verbal affection without using sarcasm as a crutch. "There there, moony. I am a busy man, but I've got time in my schedule for you yet."

"Quit the flirting and get on with the leaving, Potter," Brigitte called, flipping aimlessly through a stray potions textbook.

James was eager for an excuse to look at her. "Jealous, are we, Brigitte?"

There it was. Brigitte.

She tilted her head. "But of course."

James's eyes widened as she placed a hand against Remus's knee. "You know Remus is off limits."

She took her other hand away from the textbook, gently running them through his curls. "Aren't you, lovely boy?"

Remus didn't seem the least bit fazed. He smirked, watching James splutter in protest. "Always, darling."

"Repulsive," James muttered, "eurgh, I think I'm going to be sick."

"There's a bin by your foot," Brigitte says, retracting her hands placidly and turning back to the textbook. "Don't knock it over on your way out."

James's eyes narrowed. "You seem really eager to get me out of here, Brigitte."

"It's so Remus and I can make vicious love to one another." She replied, nonplussed. She put her quill between her teeth, twisting her hair into a messy knot at the base of her neck. "With our raw animal magnetism."

Remus nodded offhandedly, and James let out a melodramatic sigh.

"I can see where I'm not wanted." He stood up, ruffling Remus's hair.  "Talk to me, moony. Okay? I'm here. Well, I won't be for much longer, but when I am here you can certainly talk to me."

Remus hummed. "How uplifting."

"I'm ser- not fucking around." He said firmly, staring at him until Remus returned his gaze, exasperated. "Don't be a stranger. And don't you try and fucking pull another disappearing act. And don't take too much sleeping potion. And make sure to eat your meals. And tell her to eat her meals."