Prolouge

This is a clean chapter!

A light tip tap sounded as the rain hit the metal roof above us. I sighed as I leaned back against the wall watching the bucket slowly fill from the leak in the roof. The air was musty and damp around us our kerosine lamps burning low, just enough to cast large shadows that danced around the room. With a sigh I glanced at the others.

Few were awake mostly chatting amongst themselves the others were huddled together under torn and mangled bits of cloth scavenged from the waste.

Watch duty isn't so bad, I mean unless we have an incident, that rarely happens now anyway It's been 3 years since then so a lot has died off or been captured.

We were a small group heading toward California they have one of the biggest shelter cities left.

"Taya?"

"Hmm?" I said snapping back to reality.

"Go sleep, We switch now." Markus said with his choppy accent.

I nodded before standing and heading to an empty pallet on the floor. Curling up beside a few others is not something I would have ever considered before, but now it's comforting knowing that people are still alive, that you're not alone. With that thought in mind I fall asleep to the warmth of others beside me.

------------

"MOM" I scream my legs burning to catch up. Hundreds, thousands maybe chased after us. Their twisted grotesque bodies flailing after us, some pure-breeds but mostly vailents gnashing at us.

"GO!" My mother pushed me into the helicopter before being swarmed by them.

-------

I jolted awake, panting from the dream it took me a minute to catch my breath. After looking around the sun had nearly risen, most of our group was already up and awake.

"All right we go to Megaton by midday get supply and to Rivet City at night." Markus spoke.

Some groans were heard among our group. After all that means we should travel at least 50miles by noon.

After packing what supplies we had left and scavenging the old building in SpringVale we set off in the direction of Megaton.

358 word count.