lifetime apart pt. 3

"You do realize everything you've done so far is wrong?" He asks, beginning to take apart all my "hard work."

"Is it wrong or is it just not the way you would have done it?"

"It's wrong." He insists resulting in a well deserved middle finger from me.

"It feels like a lifetime since I last saw you, anything new happen?" Elvis questions, unscrewing the screws that were apparently the wrong size.

"Well as you can see I finally grew a pair of tits, you remember the time when you stole a bra for me from the store and even though it was 3 sizes too big I still wore it. I looked so ridiculous." I chuckle, it seemed like just yesterday that we were kids trying to speed up the process of growing up.

"Oh, what about that time you conned some random guy into giving you his suspenders so you could gift them to me for my birthday?" I burst out laughing before quickly covering my mouth with my hand attempting to quiet myself since the last thing I needed was my parents bursting into my room.

"But I don't know, my life has been pretty boring since the move." I shrug, answering the main question at hand.

"No boyfriends or anything?" He attempts to casually bring up but it was clear how truly curious he was.

"Nope. I would ask what's happened with you but most of America knows your life story at this point. What I want to know is how the fame is treating you."

"It's been hard I won't lie, apparently some powerful people don't think I'm 'family friendly.' My manager suggested I change but long story short I pissed off a lot of people." He grimaced obviously annoyed by the whole situation at hand.

"No girlfriends or anything?" I mock him and his prior inquiry.

"Just one, we actually broke up recently." No matter how much I hated to admit it my heart ached hearing that, the way this smile faded led me to believe the break up didn't go well.

"Do you still love her?" Maybe I was pushing it but I hoped he wasn't smart enough to catch onto the desperation in my voice. The little girl that had a major crush on him was still a part of me, even if it was a tiny percent.

"Can't really still be in love with someone you never loved to begin with. My manager thought it was a good idea for me to appear available. I didn't put up a fight when I was told I needed to break up with her which told me all I needed about how I felt." Not knowing out to respond to that I just raise my eyes brows signifying I heard him and wasn't just acting like I didn't. Not having much experience with relationships I wasn't sure what advice I could give him in a moment like this.

"You wanna know something funny?" I speak up after a good 30 minutes of silence, thankfully in that small amount of time we got a good portion of my bed frame done. It actually wasn't funny but I needed to find a way to bring it up or else it would keep me up all night for the rest of my life.

"Sure." He replies, not bothering to stop working or even look up.

"A couple months before I moved I had this kinda big crush on you." I laugh but stop the second he peers up at me. I was amazed how his eyes hadn't darkened, if anything they had gotten lighter since I last saw him a decade or so ago.

"You're kidding, only those last few months? I had a crush on you since the first time we hung out."

"Shut up." I gasp, wondering how I could have possibly missed that.

"You're telling me you didn't know? I thought I was being so obvious about it." Now both of us were in a state of shock, if my childhood self knew this information now she would most likely go into cardiac arrest.

"I had no idea." I mumble, silently wondering if anything would have changed if I had any clue of his previous feelings for me.

"My mom and dad actually have this ongoing bet.." Elvis trails off.

"About what?" I skeptically question, not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"Whether we'd ever date or not. My mom thinks we will but my dad said and I quote 'I'm to much of a scaredy cat to do anything about it.'" He nonchalantly replies whilst hammering down the last of the nails.

"Here help me lift your mattress." Elvis changes the subject before I got the chance to respond. I do has he says and thankfully all his labor put into the frame didn't come crashed down.

"Elvis the handy man." I joke as I flop myself onto my bed, not realizing how much uncomfortable the floor was until now.

"What can I say, I'm a man of many talents." He shrugs, obviously being a smart ass. He joins me on my bed, our knees accidentally touching as he sits down. I liked to think I imagined the shock that coursed through my body but the look on his face told me he felt it too. It all happened so fast I didn't even realize what was going on until it was over.

"I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that." He automatically apologizes, my lips were still tingling from where his were pressed up against mine. With just one simple kiss any feelings I once harbored for him returned and just like that I was the same 8 year old girl pining after my best friend.

"You don't need to apologize." I state, hoping that he wasn't sorry because he regretted it.

"Yes I should, it was wrong just to do that without any warning." He explains hiding his reddening face in his hands.

"Hey look at me." I say, taking his hands in mine and forcing him to look me in my eyes. I slowly inch my face to his, so close our noses were barely touching. I smash my lips onto his and it takes no time for him to replicate my actions.

"I think we should try out this bed, don't you?" I ask, grinning like a fool against his lips. He smirks tugging his shirt over his head which gives me the only answer I need.