YOᑌ ᗯEᖇE ᔕO TIᖇEᗪ

Maison Talo sat directly across from you in a quaint, but empty, café. He stared at you with that unsettling grin of his as you finished off the last of your sandwich, too transfixed on the food to care about his intense gaze. This was completely normal for an outing with Maison's lure- you ate, he stared, you both talked; he was pretty routine-oriented for a house-guy-person-thing.

     You took one last sip of your coffee, finally satisfied enough to start conversation with your stiff friend. He tilted his head, wide smile on his face as he waited for you to speak.

     His curiosity was peaked- you'd called him a week ago in a panic, suggesting that you both meet for lunch in a few days time. Such behavior wasn't normal coming from you; he was used to the calm, collected, and somewhat aloof demeanor you usually carried. Even now you looked restless, your fingers tapped against the table nervously before you finally began speaking.

     "Maison...have you ever felt like you were going crazy?" You asked delicately, afraid that he might just laugh in your face and think you odd.

     The purpose of this meeting was suddenly clear in his mind- your new ET, who he knew better as the resident Regular Guy, had been affecting your reality. Maison sighed internally, he knew that your closeness with that obsessive oaf was going to detriment you at some point. He couldn't just outright tell you that though- if you were to discover that your beloved little companion was actually the object of your extreme affections...you'd immediately attach yourself to him, leaving Maison completely alone...

. . . ᗪ   E   O ' T    E  T T ,   O     O     E ?

     Suddenly he came up with the perfect plan.

     " 𝙼𝚈  𝙳𝙴𝙰𝚁 ,  𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 ? 𝙸𝚏  𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎  𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐  𝚜𝚘  𝚄𝙽𝚂𝙰𝙵𝙴  𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎 ? 𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜 , " he said charmingly, putting his best foot forward in hopes that you might agree to his sudden offer.

     You seemed to consider it for a second, zoning out as you mulled it over in your head, but ultimately you couldn't bring yourself to agree. You weren't yet desperate enough to live inside of your best friend and it was just too much work to move all of your and your rat's belongings over.

     Maison sighed in frustration- internally of course- but kept up his outward appearance, making sure not to skip a beat before asking you about your issues. You explained how off your week had been- from things disappearing and reappearing in other places to the literal hallucination you'd had of your dearly beloved standing in your bedroom. You continued, talking about the headaches you'd begun having the day this first started and that had, fortunately, faded away over the course of the past few days.