Prelude

AEGON TARGARYEN
PRELUDE: targaryen blood, hightower lies

AEGON TARGARYENPRELUDE: targaryen blood, hightower lies

SEVEN YEARS AGO

         His mother calls them bastards.

He calls them his playthings.

To that, she had something to say as well. She always had a comment or a side remark, that he did not ask for.

("Rhaenyra's sons will not be your playthings forever, Aegon. If things go as they are now, Rhaenyra will become the queen and Jacaerys Targaryen will be her heir." He had only smirked at his mother then.)

Little Jacaerys and Lucerys Velaryon. They were the sons of Rhaenyra and Laenor, but mother had told him that their true father was not Laenor Velaryon at all. Mother always told him things, and he never knew what was the truth and what was a lie she had thought of.

"Born of the princess' indiscretion with Harwin Strong," They were the perfect targets to have some fun with. Aemond is a twat. Aegon had never held any kind of fondness towards his younger brother. And Helaena no more no less. She was kind, but quite an ugly girl. And Aegon simply does not have any interest in her, despite their long-standing betrothal. She was his sister. Aegon hated the idea that he must marry his sister.

He supposed his youngest sibling Daeron was his favourite, though Daeron was away in Oldtown. Aegon wished he could be there with him, instead of here with mother and father. Neither payed him any attention. That could be a home, perhaps. The Red Keep was no home. Simply a place he lived.

Jace and Luke were funny. They were easily swayed into pranking Aemond, and easy to scare as well. Though he had a dragon bound to him, Luke was terrified of dragons. But he would also cry if he was away from his brother. And Jace loved to be around his dragon, Vermax. 

The stupid child had named his dragon after Vermithor the Bronze Fury, who had once been the mount of the Old King, Jaehaerys. Vermithor was now ridden by eight year old Prince Gaemon, the son of Laena Velaryon and Daemon Targaryen. Gaemon was his cousin, but for him Aegon held no fondness either.