٣

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↳˳;; ❝Ɨ NɆVɆɌ SȺƗĐ ŦĦȺŦ Ɨ WȺS SȺĐ
Ɨ ɌɆMɆMɃɆɌ ƗŦ Ɨ MƗSS ŦĦɆ ɌȺǤɆ ᵕ̈೫˚∗

✘✘✘✘

Ryouma sighed as he sat next to the Coach in the dugout. Since his injury, Ryouma has been classified as an assistant coach. When asked whether he would join as an assistant coach, Ryouma rejected him due to his injury; he is constantly reminded of all the things he could've become whenever he looks at the baseball field or equipment.

But he subsequently realized how happy it would make Haruichi to play baseball with him for one final year before they separate schools.

He'd developed a hate for baseball, but he recognized it was still part of him; he just held those sentiments hidden.

A few weeks after he returned to school, his coach invited him to become an assistant coach. His explanation is that Ryouma is a great strategist who can observe the opponent's approach both on and off the field.

He wasn't mistaken; all of the Kominato brothers were superb strategists who could spot a ploy a mile away, but Ryouma was considerably more skilled. His eyes were more sensitive to such details. That is most likely what helped him become one of the top players in Japan.

"Coach," Ryouma called out, his gaze fixed on the game. "I'm confident the other teams will try a squeeze play to their advantage, and the only way to counter it is to reveal Haruto's new pitch," says Ryouma

He should be on the field, buzzing with anticipation and excitement as he awaits his opponent's next move. But instead, he's sitting in the dugout on his ass.

"Hm? Are you certain?" Looking between his guys on the field and Ryouma, the coach asked. "I've never been more certain in my life," Ryouma grinned. The coach groaned and nodded as he glanced out onto the field.

Ryouma grinned as he began walking towards the dugout's far end. He caught the pitcher's attention by waving his hand. 'You've got to utilize that one pitch,' he reasoned, dragging his palm from his cap to his stomach. 'This is the only way!' You have to lead the squad with your pitch,' Ryouma expressed as he smacked his chest and turned to move further towards the dugout.

"Don't worry, I'll be OK," He smiled as he spoke to the coach and returned to his seat.

✘✘✘✘

A young girl in eyeglasses sat in the audience, watching the Kominato provide hand signals to the pitcher. "Will Ryouma Kominato not play?" She muttered to herself as she pushed her glasses up.

She worked as a scout and coach for the baseball club at Seidou High School. She recruited young players from several schools to play baseball for Seidou on a scholarship.

"You don't know?" A voice from beside her spoke something. She turned over to see a guy and female standing close together as if they were a couple.

"Last year, Ryouma Kominato was wounded. He was sliding for a home base when the catcher tries to drive him out, resulting in a collision. He will never be able to play again "Rei's eyes widened as the man said.

"That doesn't matter, Ryouma is the assistant coach, and he always helps counter the opposing team's plays!" said another, leaning closer to the three adults and shaking his head. The yelled, causing Rei to hum. She was curious if Kataoka would be happy with a different assistant coach.

"He is correct! Did you notice Ryouma signaling to the pitcher? He has a strategy!" Another person yelled. Rei returned her focus to the game. Someone looked to be in charge from behind the scenes, but could it actually be a junior high student? Ryousuke Kominato had a keen eye for the field, but this appears to be significantly superior to Ryosuke's.

The games went on as they observed the pitcher nod his head at the catcher and look towards the dugout.

The dirt from the ground flew up when the pitcher lifted his leg. His pulse was racing with both joy and pity. He and Ryouma are excellent buddies. They've known each other since their first year of junior high.

Knowing how much Ryouma enjoyed baseball, he thought it was selfish of the coach to ask him to be an assistant coach. When Ryouma learned he would never be able to play again, he cut everyone out of his life, and he was now forced to watch others play the sport he adored.

Haruto took a big breath, knowing that Ryouma couldn't be happy on the field anymore, so he'll settle with making him happy outside of it. He swings his arm back and slams his foot into the ground.

He flung his arm forward, letting go of the ball. 'A fastball!' thought the batter, excited. He prepared to bunt with his bat.

"They're going for a squeeze play!" said someone in the crowd, causing the other team to chuckle. "They don't know," Haruichi whispered as he prepared to move, his gaze fixed on the runner on third running for home.

'We're going to win this,' the hitter thought as the ball broke abruptly. "Shit a breaking slider?!" he exclaimed as he watched the ball skip his bat and land in the catcher's glove.

As the runner attempted to make it home, the catcher smiled. "Haruichi!" he said as he tossed the ball to the younger Kominato. Sweat was pouring down everyone's backs as they waited in suspense.

Haruichi quickly caught the fall, eliminating the runner and moving to second base before throwing to the first basemen, expelling him.

For a few periods, there was silence until applause erupted. "They won!" said a voice from the throng. "It's all because of the Pitcher and Ryouma's excellent vision!" They yelled as Ryouma smirked.

"Line up!" screamed the umpire as Rei exited the seats. 'I'm sure Kataoka will be fine working with another coach,' she grinned as she grabbed her phone to call Siedou's coach.

✘✘✘✘

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒