٦

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

↳˳;; ❝ ƗF Ɨ ȻØᵾŁĐ Ɨ'Đ MȺꝀɆ Ⱥ ĐɆȺⱣ WƗŦĦ ǤØĐ
ȺNĐ Ɨ'Đ ǤɆŦ ĦƗM ŦØ SWȺⱣ ØᵾɌ ⱣŁȺȻɆS
ɃɆ ɌᵾNNƗNǤ ᵾⱣ ŦĦȺŦ ɌØȺĐ ɃɆ ɌᵾNNƗNǤ ᵾⱣ ŦĦȺŦ ĦƗŁŁ
ɃɆ ɌᵾNNƗNǤ ᵾⱣ ŦĦɆ ɃᵾƗŁĐƗNǤᵕ̈೫˚∗

✘✘✘✘

Ryouma sat in Coach Kataoka's office, Ryosuke and Rei glaring at him. " 'm sorry, sir," Ryouma replied, his face frowning. "I truly tried to explain, but you stated Ryosuke wouldn't be able to participate in the next game, and I didn't want that for him," he said.

Kataoka shook his head and said, "I should apologize; I forgot I asked your brother to get something for me. When you were jogging on the field, I should have sensed something was wrong." He bent his head and spoke gravely.

"I hope this situation doesn't leave me with a poor image," Ryouma spoke as he returned his gaze to his brother. He chuckled as he patted his leg. The pain in his leg was still a nuisance, but it wasn't as bad as it had been. Ryoma's leg hurts a lot more today than it did when he was initially wounded.

The youngster never understood why the aftereffects of the injury felt so much worse than the damage itself. He assumed it was because the human body's adrenaline makes things more thrilling, but it also decreases pain if an accident occurs.

He wished Jun had never seen him sitting on that bench because then he wouldn't be in so much anguish right now.

'I'm sorry, Ryosuke,' Ryouma thought as he remembered how scared his brother was when he discovered he'd been practicing with Seidou's first string.

When Kataoka and Rei realized Ryouma was not Ryosuke, they accompanied him to the clinic, scolding him the entire time.

"No, I understand why you did what you did. Your batting prowess is as impressive as they claim," He grinned and nodded in agreement. "You hired," he said, bowing his head once again.

"Huh?" Ryosuke was puzzled.

Hired? Who? 'Is this why he didn't return my phone call yesterday?' Ryosuke reflected as he discreetly observed the encounter.

Ryouma bowed and shook coach Kataoka's hand,  "Please take care of me." He spoke with a grin on his face.

He was ecstatic to be here. At least now when Haruichi comes to seidou, he can see both of his brothers on a regular basis. "Also, is it good if I remain here today? I don't think I'll be able to return home with my leg."

"Ryosuke, would you mind sharing your room with your brother?" Kataoka said, nodding his head.

"I won't mind sir," Ryosuke said with a shake of his head.  Ryouma grinned as he bowed to Kataoka and Rei. He carefully rose up and headed towards the door with the assistance of his older brother.

"Ryouma, I'd want to meet with you tomorrow so you can feel at ease while you're here teaching," Kataoka said, his deep voice echoing across the room. "Yes sir," the Kominato responded after a little pause.

"Explain!" Ryosuke demanded, placing his brother's arm over his shoulders, "What? ' No hello, brother?' " Ryouma whined.

Ryosuke hummed, his eyes narrowing. "Oh, ha," Ryoua said sheepishly, clearing his throat, "Takashima-san came to our house after seeing Haruichi's game." He began adjusting his feet such that his right leg was not hitting the ground.