Chapter 3

The wheel of fate began to turn that day. Last night, I dreamed about Emperor Li excitedly writing at his desk with a brush. I felt like meat hung on a bamboo stick, where people applied soy sauce on it with a brush......

I pulled the quilt over my face to force those ugly images to disappear. When I felt like I was out of breath, I lifted the quilt and sat up.

No! I couldn't surrender to fate. That was a waste of the evil me. That was a waste of my memories, of my previous life in the immortal realm. I needed to fight against fate.

I bit my finger and pulled a long face. and thought about the future. Was there a way to get rid of that Chu Kong bastard?

Suddenly, a light flashed in my mind. The play that Emperor Li was writing was seven lifetimes of love. If one of us died early and reincarnated while the other person waited for his demise in any of those lifetimes....... If that was the case, we didn't have to avoid each other; we'll naturally miss each other in every lifetime.

When I figured this out, I ran to the mirror and gave my reflection a kiss.

My identity as the daughter of the prime minister gave me a justified reason to be lazy. I didn't want to give up on this kind of life. Then...

I looked at my reflection and laughed. "Dear Lu Hai Kong, for our happiness in the next six lifetimes, can you go die, ah?"

After days of detailed planning, I excitedly ran to the General's mansion. Now that there was no one, it was a good opportunity.

Lu Hai Kong lay calmly in the cradle. Compared to a few days ago, he was more beautiful now. Soft white skin, long thick lashes. I couldn't keep myself from poking his pouting lips. He woke up from my poking. He looked at me with those big watery eyes. My heart quivered, and I stood there in shock.

"Ah!"

He yelled and with his small hand full of saliva, he pulled at my braid.

"Ah!"

He had pulled so hard that my scalp hurt. It made me think of the red dressed, hateful bastard.

I kept myself calm and put my hand around the child's neck. The soft and fragile feeling made me think that I wouldn't need to use strength. If I touched it a few times, it would break. He was, after all, not that rough-skinned young man...

I became soft-hearted again when I looked at his innocent eyes. How could this poor thing know why I was holding his neck? He released my braid and grabbed my finger instead. Like last time, he brought my finger to his mouth, sucking on it like it was the happiest thing in the world.

He kicked to show his excitement.

I also wanted to kick. Little brat, don't be so sweet ah! With you like this, how can this big sister bear to kill you, ah?

I was fighting my inner turmoil when the wet nurse and a group of people came in.

"Oh, why is the daughter of the prime minister here?"

"I..." I coughed to calm myself.

"I came to look at my little husband." Everyone laughed. Suddenly, the wet nurse caught me off guard. "We're going to bathe the little young master now. Miss Song, do you also want to stay?"

"No. I'll..." I took my hand back, but Lu Hai Kong began to cry. I looked at him. After a while, he cried harder. Tears were streaming down. He looked so miserable that I couldn't help but look in horror.

I was scared out of my wits. In Heaven, I haven't seen anyone cry so miserably.

Subconsciously, I put my finger back in his mouth. The moment my finger was in his mouth, he quieted down and lay there with a happy face.