Chapter 15

It was the same dream again. The silent man in purple quietly looked at me from a dark place. I also looked at him for a long time. Finally, I, melancholic, said: "Don't look for me anymore. Even though you're the person of my dreams, I can't take you to reality to be my husband."

Tomorrow was the day that I would get my hairpin. Shifu let the people of Shengling Sect organize a big feast for me to choose a husband. His face looks darker each approaching day. Although I didn't know the reason why, but I could see that Shifu didn't like me looking for a husband. So, I was very puzzled. If he didn't like it, then I could just stop looking for a husband. Why did he have to spend time organizing a feast for me to find one when it would just make him angry?

I sighed and told the man in purple: "My Shifu is a weirdo. Although he organized a feast for me to choose a husband, he isn't happy that I'm choosing one. So even though I really want a husband, I still won't choose. Besides, you only ever appear in my dreams. You can't come to the feast. Well...so I thought, but I've concluded that you shouldn't appear in my dreams anymore. You make me wish for a better life, and I'll be disappointed if I can't have one later."

The man in purple listened to my words. I didn't know why he laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll do my best to make sure you live a good life. What do you think?"

My eyes lit up, but thinking about Shifu's sullen face, I shook my head: "If I have a good life, Shifu will be unhappy...forget it, it's best if I just stay beside Shifu."

The man in purple was silent for a very long time.

"A Xiang lady, do you like your Shifu very much?"

"Very much," I nodded. "Shifu eats meat, I also eat meat. Shifu is happy, I'm also happy."

The man in purple didn't speak again. In my ears, I could hear the faint sound of Shifu's voice calling for me. It was presumably already dawn. I waved at the man in purple and said: "I'm going. Let's not meet each other anymore."

I opened my eyes and saw that the sun just came up. My heart didn't understand where Shifu's energy comes from; he was able to get up even earlier than me. My vision grew clearer, and I saw Shifu standing at my bedside, looking at me with squinted eyes.

"What did you see in your dream? Your mouth was muttering."

"Well," I said while rubbing my eyes. "I was saying goodbye to the person of my dreams..."

I didn't finish talking when I felt something heavy on my body. It was Shifu, who threw my clothes on the bed with a terrible temper. His face was really dark. He gritted his teeth and breathed for a long time before he said: "Today, when you wake up, you can see him. There's no need to be so attached to each other in your dreams as well!"

I was about to explain that in the future I couldn't see him anymore, but Shifu left the room and just left me with these angry sentences: "After changing into this dress, come out. Today's choosing a husband feast will be held at Shengling Sect. We'll go down the mountain together."

Ai...Shifu is making things difficult for himself again.

The clothes that Shifu gave me were white. I looked in the bronze mirror. This dress felt like the clothes Shengling Sect wore when someone has died. But it wasn't ugly. I lifted the skirt and ran out to look for Shifu.

When Shifu saw me, he hesitated and wrinkled his brows.

"You're not allowed to laugh! Don't pretend to be charming!"

I obediently closed my mouth.

He frowned.

"Don't pretend to be mature."