-Chapter 19-

Opening your eyes, you noticed the sun shining past the light curtains against the windows. Lifting your body, you realized that this was the worst sleep you've had in weeks. A yawn approached you, forcing you to stretch your arms in the air.

The room was dark, even though it was brightened by the sun. Something within the air gave you a foul taste in your mouth. This aura left you feeling more depressed than ever. Swinging the covers off your legs, you slowly stood from your bed.

I feel like shit.

Walking to your shattered mirror, you took notice of your face. There were a few cuts from healing Bakugo last night; your eyes looked heavy as bags were dark beneath your eyelids. You couldn't explain this look, but it was something you never thought you'd see yourself with. A smile was always on your face as you continuously played with your classmates and brother. During those easy days, you never had a reason to be depressed.

"I'm hungry," you spoke to yourself, marching towards your door.

Once you reached the elevator, it felt much easier to smile and fake your lighthearted attitude. Entering the lobby, you saw all your classmates lined up for breakfast.

"Y/N!" Midoriya waved in the back of the line, grinning your way. Lifting the corners of your lips, you waved back. "In a good mood? What happened to your face?"

You grabbed a plate and tagged along the line. "I got better sleep and I accidentally broke the glass in my room. I'm ok." Though you presented a grin, the memories of the night flashed in front of your eyes. "What's for breakfast?"

Midoriya spun his head towards the steaming pan. "Someone made pancakes." You hummed in response, approaching the pancakes.

So, my healing quirk does work. I healed Bakugo's wounds and they transferred to me.

You grabbed a pancake, saying thank you to Momo and Mina, the girls who made the food. As you slowly walked towards your spot on the couch, you stayed in your thoughts.

I wonder if I could transfer my wounds to someone else. I don't like hurting others, but if it was a villain, maybe it'd be reasonable. After all, we're fighting villains in hopes to weaken them and cuts could do the trick. I just don't know how to train for that.

"Wings, you're in my spot," Bakugo mumbled.

If I could just train up the transferring from one to me, then maybe I'll find a way to transfer my wounds back to them.

"Hey!"

Whenever my class trains, I'll just try to heal up any wounds like Recovery Girl would do. That's perfect!

"Wings!" Your eyes widened as your mind came back to reality. Raising your eyes, you saw an angry Bakugo huffing and puffing. "Move!"

"Sorry," you mumbled, scooting to the side as he sat down. You would assume that he would engulf the food, but he ate the pancakes quite peacefully. You couldn't help but watch him act in a way that is abnormal. He paused his chewing, flicking his eyes your way. Within seconds, you spun your head and continued to eat your food.

"You guys hear about Stain?" Sero questioned, making most of the students look his way.

"Who hasn't?" Kaminari butted in, taking one last bite of his pancake.

Listening to the conversation, you were able to pull some useful information about the new villain Stain. He is one who seeks to kill the heroes that are not actual heroes, giving him the name Hero Killer.

"We just have to be on the lookout, ok guys?" Mina spoke, placing her plate in the sink.

Ojiro asked, "Are we training for our special moves today?" Many students nodded, making you grin lightly.

This is my chance to see what my healing ability has to offer.

***

"Cementos fixed this arena to be a place to practice all types of moves. Go and find something that works for you." Aizawa stated, watching as all the kids ran off except you.

Standing beside your teacher, you questioned, "I have a way to improve or see what my quirk is capable of."

He lowered his gaze towards you, your eyes watching your classmates. "Explain."

"I'll be like Recovery Girl. If any of them get injured, even just slightly, I'll heal them."

"You know that hurts you in the process." You nodded in response to his words.

With a stern look, you raised your eyes to Aizawa. "I don't care. I have to toughen up someday. Also, I want to see how many wounds I can heal before I can't anymore or I'm in too much pain." Aizawa looked at the rest of the students then at you.

"How about training for special moves?"

"I'm a bare fighter with or without my wings, I can fight with my hands." You stepped aside, practicing simple punches in the air.

Can I do my special roundhouse kick without my wings? I've gotten used to this weight, but I am much lighter and I do jump higher than most.

Standing still, you took a deep breath, hearing your brother whisper in the corner of your mind.

"All you do is spring up in the sky, then you swing your first leg"

As he spoke the steps, it was as if everything slowed down. You leaped into the air, swinging your left leg around.

"Then you spin faster by bringing your arms in and quickly kick with the other leg."

In the middle of the air, you pulled your arms in, feeling your body spin quicker. Time sped back to normal, leaving you to give your final kick of the move. Landing perfectly on the cement beneath your feet, you grinned at the small accomplishment.

"I can still do it. Buddy, I can still do it."

Aizawa noticed your smile, feeling much better about your well-being.

It's good that one of the top students is coming back to her senses.

While practicing your raw fighting moves, everyone else was blasting away at the different cement towers and obstacles. Sounds of destruction played in the background while in your ears, you heard your breath. Focusing your hearing on small sounds helped you hone in on your skills, like perfecting certain kicks. This is a skill you grew up with. When you had wings, you honed your hearing in on the wind, which helped your perfect flight. It was a neat trick you picked up as a kid.

"Y/N, it's about time you practice more bare fighting skills," Aizawa stated with crossed arms, noticing that you repeated the same moves for the past twenty minutes.

Shaking your head vigorously, you continued. Each kick and punch and swing left you gasping for more air, yet you couldn't stop; you were in the groove. "If I stop now...how can I improve?" You leaped into the air, performing your enhanced roundhouse kick.