018┆chapter eighteen

USE SOMEBODY

USE SOMEBODY

eighteen.        spaghetti

▬▬ "YOU REALLY DON'T-"

"I'm cooking for you and you can't talk me out of it." She turned to him, pointing the wooden spoon she had been using to stir the noodles at him and he gave her a smile as he leaned against the counter, putting his chin in his hand. "Are you sure spaghetti is all you want?" She asked, looking over her shoulder at him as she turned the eye up before moving over to the pot where she was browning the ground beef.

"Yep." He nodded. And it was true, he did want spaghetti but he also knew that it'd be easier on her and after everything with Jacob he didn't want to put too much stress on her. "And I could help."

"Nope." She shook her head, not even looking back at him as she turned the eye off. She picked up the pot and carried it over to the sink where the strainer sat. She turned on the hot water then dumped the cooked ground beef into the strainer before putting the pot to the side. "You're gonna sit on your cute, little ass and let me do this. It's spaghetti. How am I gonna mess that up?"

"Little ass." He muttered, plopping himself down in a chair at the table.

"I said what I said." She mumbled, dumping the beef back into the pan before carrying it over to the stove. She checked the noodles again and smiled upon the realization that they were done. She cut off the eye and did the same as she had done with the ground beef. She strained it, then mixed it onto the same pot as the ground beef, then she added some sauce and dumped the mixture into an aluminum pan. She dropped the pots into the sink, then made her way to the fridge where she pulled out the cheese, which she sprinkled over the spaghetti before putting it into the oven.

"So, I was thinking. . ." Paul stated as he pushed himself up and made his way over to her, she met him halfway. "What if you stayed here. . . with me?"

"You mean, for more than just sleepovers?"

"Yeah." He nodded, lifting her up and putting her on the counter. "I could clean out the closet and more drawers."

"So, we'd be living together?" She raised an eyebrow at him "Like, all the time?"

"Yes." He nodded. "Unless, you don't-"

"No, I do." She cut him off, pulling him closer by his belt loop. "I would love to live with you. So much. But my dad might kill you."

"What if I talked to him?" He asked. "He likes me and I think I could get him on board with the whole idea. But only if you're sure."

"I want this." She nodded, her lips pulling into a smile. "It'd be a never ending sleepover."

"Exactly." He grinned, leaning down and connecting their lips. She giggled when he pulled her closer to him and she locked her legs around his waist, her hands moving up into his hair. "Is that a yes?" He pulled back, his eyes wide with excitement.

"Yes, but we have to break the news to my dad very gently." She told him.

"Of course." He nodded, leaning back in to kiss her.

"We can't . . ." She panted, pulling her lips away from his but he kissed down her neck, kissing the hickey he had left on her that morning. "The . . . mmm." She couldn't help but moan, her eyes falling closed as she tilted her head back and he took that as an invitation to kiss across her collar bone. "Wow, you're good at that." She mumbled and he chuckled against her skin, before a thought popped into his head and he pulled back. "No, don't stop." She nearly whined.

"This morning, at Emily's, Embry started to say something but you stopped him." He told her and she sighed, sitting up a little straighter. "What did you not want him to say?"

"You've been with other girls." She stated. "And it doesn't bother me, because that was before me and you were, well, us."

"Cas, I don't care if you've been with other guys. Well, I don't like it, but there's nothing I can do about it."

"That's the thing." She mumbled. "There weren't any other guys." She looked up to see that his eyebrows were raised up high. "I mean, I sorta dated this kid in middle school and then Jake and I tried and failed at having a relationship. But you were my first. And Embry was going to bring up the fact that I wanted to wait. Not for marriage or anything, just until I found the right guy and I was ready. And there was a commitment, like a real commitment."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, his voice almost a whisper.

"I was a little embarrassed." She shrugged. "And it never seemed like a good time to say 'hey, by the way I'm a virgin' and last night kinda snuck up on me."

"Cas-"

"I mean, I wanted it to happen and I am so happy that it did. And-"

"Cassie." He stopped her and she looked up at him, her eyes wide. "You never have to be embarrassed with me. Never. No matter what the situation is, okay?"

"Okay." She nodded, smiling up at him.

"And sex is not the reason I asked you to move in with me, I feel like I should make that clear." He added and she let out a breathy laugh. "I just want as much time with you as possible."

"I feel the same way." She told him, nudging his nose with herself as she leaned up and pressed her lips against his. He hummed, moving closer to her as he pressed harder, deepening the kiss. But they were interrupted when the stove beeped and they laughed as he stepped back, helping her off the counter. She grabbed the pot holders then took the pan out and sat it on the stove before turning to him with a smile. "Dinner's ready."

"You're amazing." He mused and she grinned as she turned to the cabinets, but he stopped her, moving in close and turning her to face him. "I am completely and utterly in love with you."

"Good." She hummed, pushing onto her toes and she pressed her lips against his. "Because I am completely and utterly in love with you." She mumbled against his lips and he smiled as he grasped her things and lifted her up off the floor. She giggled, wrapping her legs around his waist and he started towards the bedroom.

"Dinner can wait." He mumbled and she laughed, throwing her head back in pure joy and all he could do was smile up at her.

" He mumbled and she laughed, throwing her head back in pure joy and all he could do was smile up at her

⚘‎ nova speaks and that it for book two!!

continue cassie's story in the third installment of the wild hearts series...
MINE!!

🎉 You've finished reading ༘ ⊹ ࣪ ˖𐙚❙ 𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘. eclipse₂ 🎉