chapter 1

"Assalamualaikum

"Assalamualaikum."

Opening the door Fatima greeted her husband who smiled and replied back while giving her the plastic bag he got for her.
"Yeh kya ha?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Tumhare liye jalebiyan". Fatima squealed hearing his response. She was craving something sweet since morning. After hugging him tightly and thanking him she went towards the kitchen happily.

"Where are everyone else?" He asked as he went towards his son's room

" They are sleeping". Fatima looked at her husband and smiled as she saw him kissing their baby's forehead.

"Isn't it too soon for them to sleep. They normally sleep around 10 o'clock and it's 9 o'clock only". Adnan asked and walked towards their room.

" yes but they were all tired so they decided to sleep early". They had gone to picnic this evening and everyone was exhausted when they returned and decided to sleep early. Fatima was about to sleep when she received her husband's call where he told her that he will arrive in an hour so she couldn't sleep.

"By the way! Weren't you suppose to come after 3 days?" Adnan had to go to Rawalpindi because of an urgent meeting and had other things to take care of so he went to Rawalpindi yesterday.

" Yes, but muiz said that he can take care of it". Muiz was his business partner and also his childhood buddy.

Adnan was too tired and decided to sleep because he was getting a headache now.

_______________________________

The next morning alia woke up due to her daughter wailing and noticed that it was time to feed her. Her 2 months old baby was always hungry!!! After feeding the little munchkin she decided to make tea for herself. Wearing her slippers and wrapping the shawl around her she went downstairs.

As she was walking through the hallway, she noticed that her Bhabhi’s room was a little bit open and decided to close the door but what she saw inside shocked her. She ran from there to her own room and decided to wake her husband up

"Atif!" She whisper yelled.

"Atif!" Now yelling at him

"Atif! Uthen jaldi uthen. There is a man in appi's room!" She told him. Her own voice shaking.

"What do you mean?" Atif was now fully awake as asked her. He was getting furious after hearing her words but maybe he misheard her.

" Atif i went to make tea and found a man in appi's room." Tears were falling down her eyes and she saw how her husband took out the gun from his side drawer and ran toward the room of his brother's wife. How could she betray adnan. How could she?

Upon entering he saw a man lying on the bed and peacefully sleeping. His chest facing the bed hid his face from atif. Atif was turning red and his anger took the best of him and he did what anger makes everyone do. A haram thing.

He shot!

then he shot again!

and again!

upon hearing the gun shots Fatima hurriedly came out of the washroom and saw the worst nightmare.
Her husbands back had 3 bullet holes while her brother-in-law had the gun in his hand and beside him was standing his wife with a terrified face.
_____________________

'yeh kya kar diya bhai apne''. fatima screamed at her brother-in-law. what had just happened. how could he kill his own brother she felt even more worse when she was his eyes. he had no regret.

''wo hi kia jo mujhe karna chahiye tha''.  atif responded giving her a disgusted look.

''how could you murder your own brother''. until now everyone was present in the room.

"what?'' atif couldn't believe what he just heard. moving rapidly, he removed the blanket. indeed, it was his own brother. hearing a gasp from behind he saw hamza and duraid staring at their dad. AT THEIR DEAD DAD'S BODY.

________________________________________________

they just buried Adnan and all of the relatives had left. shareef saeed called everyone into his room except for the kids.

"atif". shareef saeed called him and he came forward.

''explain yourself". atif just stood there he had nothing to explain. there was nothing to explain.

'' i said what happened. what happened that you had to kill your own brother!'' this time he shouted. tears were falling from his eyes. shareef saeed felt miserable. his own son killed his other son.

'' it was a misunderstanding''. atif whispered

'' so you killed your brother just because of a misunderstanding. atif have you gone mad. do you think this is normal? what misunderstanding? tell me which misunderstnd made you kill your own brother?'' this time it was farzana who asked him. alia was frozen and shocked. she knew she will have to face the consequences for what she did and she won't deny it because she deserves it.

''it was my fault''. everyone's head snapped toward alia.

''I thought it was someone else because Adnan Bhai told us that he would return after 3 days and when I saw that there was a man in Fatima’s api room i got scared and told atif about it. my intentions were not wrong I swear.'' alia confessed. she was a crying mess now. she wasn't crying because she was scared of the punishment she was crying because she disgusts herself. now that she thinks about it she can't believe she thought so low about Fatima.

alia looked around and saw the looks everyone was giving her. they were full of hatred for her.

''divorce her’’ said farzana without any hesitation.

hearing this alia felt the ground slipping. no! no! no! having no other option alia sat on her knees and begged to farzana

''don't do this. what will I do? I won't be able to survive. please i beg. please.'' alia begged her. her hand were joined in front of farzana and shareef but both of them ignored her.

''I won't divorce her''. hearing atif's words relief washed over her face.

''we have a daughter. whatever happened was her fault and a divorce will affect huda's future but I can't live with her so I think we should get a separation. Huda is only 2 months old and alia is still feeding her so for now you are going to leave and take Huda with you. after 2 years I will come to get my daughter. I don't know where you will go and I don't even care but still you and Huda are my responsibility so wherever you go send me your address so that I can send you the money for yours and Huda’s needs.''

alia left from there she couldn't stay there and hear anything. entering her room, she took out a suitcase and packed her things. Tears were continuously falling from her eyes. she took her jewelry and some money with her. she knew she would need it. taking her daughter into her arms she left. she left from there and decided to never look back and start a new fresh.

that day a pregnant women was widowed

a brother killed his own brother

2 brothers were orphaned

a mother lost her son

a father buried his son

a happy family was separated

just because of a

misunderstanding.

_______________________________

It was really difficult for me to write the first chapter but i did it.

Alhamdulillah!

All chapters are written but i will post them as i have it planned.

Don't forget to vote, share and comment