Chapter 1 | Pros and a Pro

[->|<-3rd Person POV->|<-]

Some time has passed since Xiao's fateful incident in Mato as well as finding himself a new job working for the Anti-Demon Corps' 7th unit as its caretaker. Graduation is drawing closer. In the hallways of the school, Xiao's friends were seen talking to one another, and then the topic of Xiao was brought up...

[Xiao's Friend 2]: "Hey, is Xiao seriously going to work in Mato?" He asked.

[Xiao's Friend 1]: "Yeah, I heard he's working as a caretaker. I also heard that he got thrown into Mato, and then he got scouted."

[Xiao's Friend 2]: "Poor guy, it's like he can never catch a break."

[Kyouka]: "I have business regarding Xiao. Where's the principal's office." She asked the two after suddenly appearing in the school in uniform.

The two were stunned by her beauty but one of them spoke up...

[Xiao's Friend 1]: His eyes spiraled. "Ah, it should be right over there, ma'am!" He pointed into the direction of the office.

[Kyouka]: "Thanks." Then she was about to walk off.

[Xiao's Friend 2]: "Uhhh... So you are...?" He asked but didn't quite say the words right.

[Kyouka]: "Kyouka Uzen. I'm Xiao's master." She answered and then walked away, leaving the two.

Xiao's friends seemed to be a little annoyed and quite agitated by what she said in that last part. Jealousy is possibly the cause of it...

[Xiao's Friend 2]: "I'm not jealous but I don't think I'll have to be worried about him anymore." Crossing his arms.

[Xiao's Friend 1]: "I'm actually peeved, not that I envy Xiao or anything."

.

.

.

Time skip,... A few days after graduation...

Xiao was now already deep into his work as the 7th unit's caretaker. As of right now, he's seen cleaning the halls of the dormitory. Unfortunately he had to quit his job at the Chinese restaurant but he promised to come and visit during days off. He was currently seen wearing a blue sleeveless slim-fit muscle shirt with a hoodie that's worn underneath a black leather faux motorcycle jacket, black slim-fit cargo jeans with side straps that are left down, black leather belt with a silver buckle, tanned-colored high-top heavy-duty laced steel-toed timbs boots, and black leather fingerless gloves with the knuckles and wrists exposed. Along with a nice maroon-red apron. While also listening and singing to music through a pair of electric blue raycon earbuds...