Chapter 24 | ℌ𝔦𝔧𝔞𝔠𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔞 𝔚𝔦𝔩𝔡 ℜ𝔙

{𝔏𝔢𝔱 𝔤𝔬 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔪𝔭𝔱𝔶 𝔡𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔪𝔰 (ℑ 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔰𝔬) 𝔇𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔪𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔪𝔢 𝔰𝔭𝔦𝔱 𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔬𝔦𝔰𝔬𝔫 (ℑ 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔰𝔬) 𝔶𝔬𝔲'𝔩𝔩 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫 (ℑ 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔰𝔬) 𝔰𝔥𝔲𝔱 𝔲𝔭 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔤𝔬 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝔶}

Grayson stood off to the side with her arms folded over her chest. She had her head thrown back slowly slamming it against the wall behind her. A sigh snuck past her lips as she stared at Max from afar with worry recoiled in her eyes. In reality, Henry just needed her. If he got her then Max would be okay. Nobody would miss her if she died.

Eddie slammed a piece of old newspaper on the table. "Check this out" he tapped his finger against the title. "The war zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh...well, killing things, basically" the metal head trailed off at the end of his sentence as Robin started speaking. "You think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" She pointed a finger at the piece of paper. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

Eddie sucked in his cheeks. "Well, lucky for us it is, so...this...this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. I took Grayson there that one time with my uncle" he quickly narrowed his eyes once everyone went quiet and glanced at Grayson who had her lips parted open. "Wait!" She raised her voice as Steve placed a hand on the back of Eddie's neck. "In our defense...we" She rubbed her nape in embarrassment. "We have no defense"

Steve turned to look at Eddie who had a nervous smirk on his face. "Hey Stevie" he grinned with a small wave. Steve tried so hard to keep his lips from twitching into a smile but managed to clear his throat and released the boy. Grayson hummed, furrowing her eyebrows in suspicion. Eddie hovered over the newspaper with a frown. "As long as we steer clear of main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks"

Erica watched the boy with bewilderment. "If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the War Zone"

Nancy nodded pointing a finger at her. "Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk"

Grayson ran a hand through her hair. "Me too" anything to have an upper hand against Henry was some kind of win in her book.

When she wasn't engaging in conversation her mind was coming up with every possible outcome that had Max coming out without a scratch but so far someone always ended up dying in the end. Whether it was Lucas or her someone still died.