Chapter 1: The Golden Fairy of the Library

Bordered by France, Switzerland and Italy is the small European nation of Sauville. And nestled at the base of the Alps is the St. Marguerite Academy. It's a prestigious school with a reputation in the kingdom cemented as the educational institute for the children of aristocracy. I'm a student here. My name is...

Student: ...the Black Reaper!

the Black Reaper!

Exactly. The "Black Reaper." Why? We're all wearing black here. Is it my hair? My dark-grey eyes maybe? Have these blonde Frenchies never seen an Englishman before? Ah whatever. My real name is (Y/N) Frye. I'm a British exchange student but I'm not really here to learn. Sure, I got good grades myself, but I'm here on special business which I'll explain later.

I struggle to walk to my classroom. Kind of hard when multiple gazes are fixed on you and multiple voices start gossiping about how you're some reaper that's probably just an urban legend around these parts.

(Y/N): Well, at least it's not cramped in here.

I eventually find myself in my classroom. I take a seat and pull out a letter from my pocket. To most people it looked like your average letter from a parent telling you to do well in school, but due to a certain ability of mine that you could say was a sixth sense, it allowed me to read the hidden message of this letter.

"(Y/N),"

"You have been accepted into the St. Marguerite Academy in the Kingdom of Sauville as an exchange student. Remember what me and your granddad were talking about a few weeks ago? Well to be brief, you've been sent on a mission by our Brotherhood's Mentor to investigate possible Templar activity there. According to our spies, there have been meetings and talks among Templars in Sauville concerning a possible Piece of Eden. We know nothing of said Piece of Eden, but according to our spies, the Templars have found a way to locate it. Assuming this is true, we need you to find it first as soon as possible as it'll prove vital to our cause. But no rush. I'm certain the Templars still have long ways to go before they find the Piece of Eden. Anyways, we won't be able to assist you as the Sauville Rite is a very large organization, and is about four times larger than the British Brotherhood. They know our faces, and will attack on sight. As you are on your first mission as an Assassin, you'll be able to walk around Sauville without getting shot on sight by Templars. I trust that you'll be able to accomplish this mission. I trained you well, didn't I? And while you're in school, you better do well. It'd make your sister proud."

"Yours,"

"Dad."

Well, that's not pressuring at all. Thanks a lot, Dad. I thought us Assassins were built for stealth? Can't more of us come to Sauville? Well whatever. Anyways, I'm here on duty for my Brotherhood in order to retrieve a Piece of Eden. From the research I found from my grand-aunt Evie's notebook, it's clear to me that they are objects of power created by a race of beings from a long long time ago, known to us as Isu or Those Who Came Before. I remember my granddad's stories of when he and grand-aunt Evie liberated London from the old Grand Master Crawford Starrick during the year 1868, wherein they secured a Shroud of Eden, a Piece of Eden with the ability to repair any damages that it's wearer receives.