𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Omniscient Pov

Opening her eyes Langston felt the sun hit her drool covered face.

"Shit." she said to herself in a low whisper as she sat up and stretched and looked around the room she slumbered in.

The medium size room had a full size bed that provided Langston with the best nap she had in a while.

She slept without the fear of being beaten awake or forced to get up to go tend to a customer.

Kicking her feet off the bed Langston stood up and stretched her limbs then made her way for the bedroom door.

Opening the wooden door she walked inside the hallway smelling the smell of breakfast.

"He cooked?" she thought to herself as she made her way to the bathroom to relieve herself and get her hygiene in order.

  Reaching the bathroom she seen a fresh toothbrush in the pack, a box of toothpaste, and two-cloths waiting for her.

Taking advantage of her resources Langston completed her hygienic task then made her way out of the bathroom and into the kitchen.

As she walked into the kitchen she looked near the stove seeing Desmond in a white t shirt, nike joggers, and nike socks as he flipped bacon over the stove.

"Fuck bacon grease popping on me and shit." he said shaking his hand vigorously making Langston laugh and catching his attention.

"Goodmorning shorty." he said looking at her and she gave him a small insecure smile.

"Goodmorning." she responded back quietly as she pulled at the hem of the shorts she was wearing.

"You eat bacon? you not muslim or nothing right?" he asked as he took the bacon off the stove and sat it on a plate.

"No." she replied back and he nodded his head coolly making her a plate then handing it to her.

Looking over the plate she seen bacon, eggs, grits, and a buttery biscuit making her stomach growl.

"This looks good. Thank you." She said and Desmond just nodded his head eating his food.

Sitting down at the kitchen table Langston prayed over her food and then immediately dug in.

She hadn't had a home cook meal in a while, everything was fast food with Nino, and most of the time she couldn't stomach it because of the drugs she took.

Savagely eating her food she made moaning noises catching Desmond attention and he frowned.

"Shorty I know i don't cook that damn good." he said staring at her with a scowl on his face and she looked at him in embarrassment.

"I'm sorry I don't get to eat a lot." she said slowing down and he sat his plate down on the kitchen counter.

"So what are you?" he asked folding his arms and leaning against the counter as him and Langston held eye contact.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"You a prostitute? You just on drugs? hell you got going on?" he asked in a duh tone and she cleared her throat.