"Happy Birthday!" !SR Cashier & Reader

"That should be...okay!"

The blonde haired man stepped back from what appears to be letter balloons that spelled out the words 'Happy birthday'
He took a look at his creation,clearly pleased with himself.He looked around the house,inspecting all the decorations he set up.There were confetti,balloons,and more birthday decors.
Why was he setting these up you may ask?

Its his sibling's birthday!
His sibling's name is Y/N,he had to look after them ever since his parents left them both.Which is why he had to work at a young age.He couldnt care less about his parents anymore though,he was too focused on Y/N,They were the only one who has stuck to him until now.He promised himself to give them a good childhood that he couldnt have when he was younger.
He had to beg his manager to let him off work today just to make this day special for his sibling.Everything was all set,he just had to wait for Y/N to come home from school.He stretched his arms whilst yawning as he walks over to the couch to rest after all the work.He thought of going on his phone to kill time so he did exactly just that,scrolling through his gallery (since he doesnt have social media) he looked at old photos he took with Y/N and his friends,Dummy and Player,smiling to himself.After a bit,he noticed that Y/N's school ended minutes ago and that they're probably on their way home now.

He quickly stood up and hid somewhere,waiting for Y/N to arrive.He turned off the lights,he was gonna surprise them.Y/N was used to spending their birthday alone since their brother was always busy at work.They understand that they need money to live but they just wish he could spend more time with them.

The door slowly opened,making a loud creeking noise.
Cashier held his breath and waited for a bit until he heard Y/N's voice call out
"Why is it so dark here?"
Y/N reached for the light switch that was by their right and as soon as the lights turned on,Cashier jumped from his hiding spot and yelled out
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
Y/N jumped and their eyes widened from shock.
They stood there dumb-founded as they look around at all the decorations.
Cashier slowly walked up to them and kneeled down to reach their height,he chuckled
"Happy birthday,Y/N."
Before he could say another word,Y/N wrapped their arms around him and started crying.
Cashier stayed there,surprised by the strange behaviour.He expected Y/N to have a huge smile on their face and squeal in joy but this was completely the opposite.
He placed one of his hand on the back of his sibling and rubbed their back to comfort them.
"Hey,whats wrong?"
He asked.
"I-Its just.."
Y/N sniffed
"You've never had time for me a-and i can understand that but this is the first time y-you ever did something for m-my b-birthday.."
Y/N stuttered,whilst wiping their tears awway.
Cashier felt a bit guilty not spending more time with his sibling,he hugged them back and comforted them.
"Hey,its okay..Im sorry for not spending time with you that much.I hope you can forgive me."
The two siblings sat there and hugged eachother,it was completely silent except for the silent sobs coming from the younger sibling.

"Thats cute but can we get the party started now?"
"Player!Thats such an insensitive thing to say!"

Cashier looked at the front door ,where the familiar voice came from, to see two visitors.
His two best friends,dummy and player.
Y/N let go of cashier and looked at the strangers.
"Brother,who are they?"
"Oh,they're my friends.They came here to celebrate your birthday too!"
Y/N's expression lightened up a bit.They never had any friends at school due to Y/N being "different" to the others,so seeing visitors come to their place excited them.
Player walked over to Y/N and greeted them,
"Heya,the names Player!Nice to meet ya,now wipe those tears and lets get this party started!Its ya birthday you shouldnt be crying!"
Player chuckled,doing the finger gun at Y/N.
Y/N chuckles,feeling a lot better now before replying,
"My name is Y/N!Thank you for coming to my party!"