Chapter 9

Luke POV

I was at UA walking to the stadium, but as I got close, I see AM running to me and skits to a stop in front of me

"YOUNG JAMES IS HERE," he yelled

"Yeah, I can see that," I said, chuckling at him,"so what do I owe the pleasure of meet you sir?"

AM suddenly got to his knees and bowed with his forehead to the ground and stayed there.

"Young James, I wish to thank you for saving Young Midoriya at the training exercise because I never got the chance to. And I came to fully apologize for not being at the USJ and to thank you for protecting my students! I AM SO SORRY!"

I grabbed him and lifted him up, then whipped the dust off.

"Don't worry about it," I said,"I did what I had to do, to protect a couple innocent kids from dying."

"But again, thank you so much Young James. You must be in a hurry, I'll let you go.

But first, I know your story Young Luke and it's hasn't been an easy one. You've suffered for a long time and have gone though so much things, young people like yourself were never meant to go though in the first place. I know you don't want to be a hero and I respect that, but I wanted to tell you this face to face.

I've seen the kind of man you are first hand Young James, whatever you join the hero course or not, doesn't matter, why? Because in my eyes and in the eyes of many others, you are already a hero!"

AM said that with his signature smile, and I had no idea what to say.

"T-Thank you, sir," I said

"Well, knock them dead kid...but not literally, hahaha!"

We laughed and separated, now I was walking to the locker room to get ready for the Sports Festival, and I am ready to show everyone, not matter how much you bring me down. I will rise to the challenge! As I go there, I see Kirishima, Midoriya and Todoroki walking there, so I decided to say hi.

"Yo," I yelled

"LUKE," they said, smiling at me, but Todoroki was a small smile

"So, you guys ready for this?"

"Hell yeah," Kirishima said, slamming his fist together,"the last two weeks have been a good chance for us to train!"

"Yeah, I'm feeling very good about this," Midoriya said, smiling that million watt smile

'Man, I feel bad for the villain on the receiving end of that smile,' I thought

"Yes, we've made good progress on our quirks," Todoroki said,"I can't wait to see which one of us is the best."

"Okay then, see ya guys around, I have to go to my locker room," I said

"SEE YA ON THE FEILD," they said and left

I was walking the hallways when I see the Big 3 up ahead, and I considered them my friends.

"Whats up guys," I said

"LUKE, AREYOUREADYFORTHESPORTSFESTIVAL," Nejire asked, firing off already

"Nejire, calm down," Mirio said, pulling her off

"You ready Luke," Amajiki asked

"Yeah, me and my class are ready for war! We're gonna show them 1-C doesn't back down from a challenge and show we're gonna be the best!"

"Thats the spirit man," Mirio said,"show them what a fighter stands for! Anyway, we gotstago!"

Cue cricket noises, is Joker nearby?