Chapter-3

8'o clock in the morning.

The penthouse looked utterly clean and beguiling. Ashfield's elated and majestic PENTHOUSE !!!

'Liam, an underground wrestling will be held up today

'Liam, an underground wrestling will be held up today. As usual, I need you to assist me for a backup because I don't want people from there to know my actual identity.'

Lyra Ashfield uttered the reason in a much persuaded way.

'Good Morning, boss! Always up at your service.'
'I shall be much closer to the exit gate, will maintain atleast 5 ft distance from the red zone.'
'And no sooner did the grappling ends ; within 10 seconds, I will possibly head towards the car parked in the backyard and we will leave!'

Liam stated clearly , as he knew his terms too well.

'Glad to hear that from you. You know your stuffs too well, best at sneaking places. 9 PM it is. Get our SUV ready by that time!'

Lyra smirked as she left the place. She was a woman who never delayed her work and knew her ways as always!

.
.

[Yaas, slay queen🤩]

.
.
.
.
.

18:35 PM

'Yes, Sierra our weapons need to be safe guarded. Boss's orders!!'

'You and Roger are in charge. A lot of new revolvers and pistols need to be loaded. Do the necessities.'

'Ok, call ya later'

Maria hanged up the phone.

As soon as she was about to leave, Blade grabbed her hand and pinned her to the wall.

.
.
.
A VERY LONG PAUSE

'What t-the hell, Blade? What do you think you are doing?'
Maria asked as she startled.

'Maria you know how much I adore you and it's not a joke, I am absolutely serious.'

Blade gently stroked her hair and placed his hands on her waist.

Their faces were a few inches apart and the tension between them kept rising.

'You certainly can't do this, Blade. You know-w am older than you and have always looked at you as a ver-ry goo-od  frien-nd of mine since we gathered up in this team.'

'Besides, Ly won't be too happy when she will see us like this. Let go of me.
Our LOVE IS FORBIDDEN.'

Maria sighed and  thoroughly trembled with her words.

'Why the fuck do you always come up with this age gap between us; it's just a matter of 3 years. I liked you since then, your personality, your boldness drives me crazy. The woman you are and will always be.'

Nothing is FORBIDDEN.'
'I know how much you crave my presence. You can't deny your feelings towards me.'

Blade said, as he interlocked his fingers with Maria's.
.
.
.
ANOTHER LONG PAUSE
.
.
.
.
.

'Blade, this is not okay! This is very naive of you and I hope you will know this one day. Let's get back to our jobs.'

Maria set herself free from Blade's clutches,walking rapidly away from that place, leaving a desperate Blade looking at her as if he was in distress.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

As if only after a few moments , Maria murmured to herself feeling extremely cretinous as well as righteous of her acts.

'Blade, my dear Blade. It feels so vulnerable of myself to see you like this. I never tend to hurt your feelings, never ever want to make  you feel  miserable. But I dont have a choice! Sometimes we just have to let go of things which  will never supposedly be ours. And that's how life goes on! I don't know whether things will be possible for us or not. But it's better the other way. Let's keep things usual between us.'

'After all, we work in a team. It will be better if we behave as team mates.'

Maria gasped.

Thank you lovely peeps for reading the 3rd chapter.
Blade has a soft spot for Maria. But Maria keeps abandoning her feelings towards Blade beacause maybe at some point, she tries to figure out her circumstances and at the same time keeps denying the perception.Lets find out whether they are able to be meant for together!

Lyra will involve herself in an underground fight as we know how of a strong woman she is. What will happen next?

Stay tuned for the next chapter.
Love❤