➳ 𝘮𝘺 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯 || 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 4

tw: graphic depictions of vomiting

NOTE: this chapter has over 12k words. buckle up your seatbelts, this is gonna be a long ride. (okay that's so corny anyways moving on)

— today's era —

The four teens have finally arrived at Will and Max's apartment building after a ten minute ride of nothing but complete silence. It's been a stressful night for Will, and all he wanted to do once they get home is to slump into his bed and call it a day. But as he watched Mike's wearied figure laying against him, he knew he wouldn't get the rest he'd been meaning to have for the night.

Though the view of Mike's peacefully sleeping flushed face in Will's lap may have calmed the boy at some point, because he admits that yes, Mike looks adorable when he's asleep. He remembers back when they were still dating, whenever Will got the chance to stay the night at Mike and his sister's apartment and the two boys are cuddled up to each other as they fall into a slumber. How he would spend minutes staring at Mike's face under the moonlight while he's asleep, counting every constellations of his freckles like his life depended on it.

It was stupid, how he loved every single thing about Mike. His annoyingly pretty face, his pink full lips that Will always loved feeling against his own, his smiles, his dark brown eyes, his long eyelashes and how he would playfully bat it in an attempt to convince Will of something, his humor, the way he treats Will; everything.

To Will, Mike was perfect. Every details about the boy made Will think that they were made for each other. Like he was a cupcake and Mike was the icing. Like he was a lock and Mike was the key. It sounds ridiculous now that Will is looking back at it, and he couldn't help but cringe, but a smile begins to creep up his lips as he reminisces the moment.

Though his smile fades away when he realizes that he can no longer live his old life back, and he's stuck with the present. College. Too much distress that he feels like his life is about to fall apart, but he still manages to put on a smile and live his life even though it's been full of nothing but complete stress.

And the fact that now, he has Mike's left arm wrapped around his shoulders while Mike's right one is wrapped around El as they're making their way towards their apartment space, Will felt like he wanted to cry.

By now, he should be entering his bedroom alone and flopping himself on the bed and crashing out peacefully like what he did last Friday night, but the exact opposite is what's currently happening as the pair of friends carefully lay the drunk boy on Will's bed who was still peacefully slumbering.

Will sighs as he stares at Mike. He was sprawled across the bed, and Will almost wants to push him off because it seems like there's barely any space left for the shorter boy to sleep on. He might as well just sleep on the couch.

So without even thinking twice, Will immediately makes his way towards the drawers, pulling the last drawer and grabbing a blanket from it. He shuts it close, then headed towards the door as he gave Mike a last glance.

He lets out a sigh before finally opening the door, and he almost jumps when he sees El on the couch, munching on some chips as she scrolls through her phone.

Her gaze turns away from her phone when she hears the sound of Will's bedroom door closing shut. She wasn't gonna say anything if it wasn't for that fluffy material in the boy's hands. She raises a brow in question.

Will just shakes his head before walking over to the couch and throwing the folded covers onto the white furniture. El's eyes widen at that.

"What do you think you're doing?" she asks, words slurred from the chips inside her mouth.