➳ 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺, 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘺

• aged up to 24 •

—1995—

Mike is currently riding his car on the way home, from work. There's a huge bag sitting on the shotgun seat, which is shaking a little bit from how fast Mike is driving.

He first stopped over at the Byers house, to meet up with Mrs. Byers for something. Mike stood in front of the door, then knocked. Someone opened it with a smile.

"Hey Mike, come in." she gestured him to come inside, letting him sit on the couch for a few minutes while he wait.

"Hi, Mrs. Byers." he greeted as he sits down.

"You don't have to call me that." Joyce chuckled.

Mike scratched his neck. "I'm sorry," he awkwardly chuckled. "I was just kinda used to calling you that."

"It's been 3 years, Mike." she shook her head.

"Yeah, I know. It's weird." he shook his head as well.

"It is, indeed." Joyce chuckled while heating up the lasagna she made for Mike to bring home. As the two were talking, someone stepped out of the small hallway to the living room, seeing Mike on the couch.

"Mike,"

Mike stood up, smiling. "Hey, El." he walked over to her, giving her a friendly hug.

"What.. are you here for?" El asks, confused.

"Oh, it's about the lasagna your mom made. She told me to come over and have some." Mike replied.

"Okay, that's nice." El gave him a smile before walking over to her mom—step mom. Joyce looked at her, knowing exactly what El's gonna tell her. She sighed.

"El, you're a grown up person now. You don't need to ask me if you're going out, it's all up to you. Just please, please, please, be safe. Okay?" Joyce asked.

"Yes.. mom." El giggles, hugging her mother.

"You can go." Joyce smiled.

"Thanks, mom." El smiled, walking away. "Bye, Mike." she told Mike before leaving.

"Bye." Mike waved at her goodbye. She finally left, shutting the door.

"Where she up to?" Mike asked Joyce.

"I don't know. But she only leaves if she's going on a date with her boyfriend, or having a girls sleepover with Max." she explained.

"Aw, that's good to hear." Mike smiles, knowing that his ex is finally happy and better off without him.

"Here." Joyce walked over to Mike, handing him the travel-friendly pan of lasagna.

"Wow, this is a lot!" Mike gasps, taking it. "Thank you, Mrs. Byers." he gave her a smile.

"Anything for you." Joyce said, rubbing his back.

"I should probably get going." he chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah, sure." she chuckled, gesturing Mike out of her house and waving at him goodbye.