{ the other woman }

laylas pov
a month later

"wait why are you guys hanging out with her?" i asked chris on facetime. he was telling me about an annoying girl they were hanging out with.

"i don't know nick met her and said she was nice so we kinda had to hang out with her." he explained to me. i couldn't help but feel a little jealous because she was apparently flirting with him a lot.

"well whatever. im sure she isn't a threat to me." i told him with a shrug. he nodded in agreement which made me feel a little better.

"oh i think matt's gonna facetime you soon so i'll talk to you later. bye." he said with a wave. i smiled and waved goodbye before hanging up. then as if on cue matt facetimed me.

"hey." i say happily when i answer the call. he was lying on his bed with a big smile on his face. "hey. i miss you so much." he told me. i stared in his eyes with a smile on my face but someone walked into his room.

"hey matty. do you have any sweatpants i can borrow?" i heard a female voice say. suddenly matt's smile vanished. "no but nick might have some." he told her politely. i heard some whining.

"pleaseeee matty." she practically begged. matt rolled his eyes and sat up. "you're not borrowing my sweatpants. ask nick." matt told her sternly. then she appeared on the phone.

"oh who's this?" she asked in a disappointed tone. i smiled and waved, trying to be nice. "hi i'm layla. matt's girlfriend." i said, hoping she would take a hint.

"cool whatever. can you tell matt to let me borrow his sweatpants like he did yesterday?" she said with a phony smile. she was obviously trying to make me jealous.

"there's a difference from me letting you borrow them and you taking them from my room." he said which made me laugh. "can you go get me a popsicle please matty? i'll talk to your girlfriend." she asked in an annoying tone. matt did just that and i was left with her.

"it's nice to meet you." i said awkwardly , not knowing what else to say. her smile wasn't on her face anymore. "listen, me and matt are hitting it off so do me a favor and fuck off." she told me, hanging up. anger filled me and i knew what i had to do. i had to go to boston. that night.
hours later

@laylaishot: ready to see my boys again

@nicolas.sturniolo: OMFG YES. MATT DOESN'T HAVE HIS PHONE SO WE WON'T TELL HIM
^
@laylaishot: THANK YOUU 💗🫶🏻

@christopher.sturniolo: finally 💪
^
@laylaishot: yes see you soon 🫶🏻

@laylasssbaeee: AHHHH SO CUTE
^
@laylaishot: what's not cute is i had to get a random lady beside me to take this 😭👍🏻

@kaylahateslayla: ew
^
@laylaishot: stay mad bitch

@sturniololoossss: AWWW I WAS WAITING FOR THIS
*liked by creator*

i got off the plane and collected my luggage and was surprised to see nick waiting there for me. i immediately ran to him and hugged him tight.

"i missed you." i whispered to him during our hug. he held me tighter and laughed. "i missed you way more. megan's trying to take your spot." he told me. we pulled away and got my stuff in the trunk of the van.

"matt's gonna be so happy." nick laughed. i felt butterflies in my stomach. i couldn't wait to see matt again. i had missed him more than anything. we finally got to the house and i saw chris first. we hugged as well.

"you were gone for too long." he told me with a playful punch. "i know. wheres matt?" i asked once we parted. "up in his room. megan won't leave him alone." nick scoffed. i quietly made my way upstairs and flung his door open. he looked over and ahen he saw me his face lit up.

"layla!" he shouted before running over to me and hugging me. he picked me up and i wrapped my legs around his waist. "god i missed you." he whispered to me. but we were interrupted.

"um guys? i'm right here." megan scoffed. i sighed and jumped down from matt. "hi megan nice to meet you." i said through gritted teeth. she joined us on the landing and eyed me up and down.

"so you didn't take my advice?" megan growled with a judgy look. "no i didn't because i realized i don't need to take advice from a dumb skank like you." i spat right in her face. she scoffed and pushed past us to go downstairs. matt and i went into his bedroom.

"why didn't you tell me you were coming?" he asked me as we got into a cuddling position on his bed. "because that would have ruined the surprise." i laughed. he held me tight and close. i saw him slowly drifting to sleep.

"i love you." he mumbled before he fell asleep. i buried my head in his chest. "i love you too." i whispered to him before falling asleep myself. i was finally where i wanted to be. in his arms. forever. i love him.