{ can it work? }

laylas pov

"matt i know you're lying. tell me the goddamn truth." i said, tears pouring down my face. "okay fine. i was lonely and bored and basically depressed without you so i made the mistake of kissing her." he finally explained. i felt my heart break a little more.

"what the fuck? you couldn't control yourself for a few months? i would've never done this to you. i cant believe you matt. and what you were never gonna tell me?" i ranted as i stood up and paced back and forth.

"that was the plan yeah. i never wanted you to know. i didn't want to break your heart." he reasoned. "lying about it is worse." i told him before storming out his room.

"layla! wait what's wrong?" nick asked when i arrived at the bottom of the stairs. "your brother. he kissed her." i sobbed. nick pulled me in for a hug and held on to me tightly.

"he finally told you?" nick whispered softly. "you knew?!" i exclaimed, pushing away from the hug. "well yeah, and i hate him for it." nick scrambled.

"you never told me. you never thought to tell me?" i sobbed. it hurt that the people i loved most were lying to me. "he said he was gonna tell you." nick said in a soft tone.

"i don't give a fuck. you're my best friend right? you aren't feeling like a good one right now. right now you feel like a shitty one." i practically whispered before storming out the house. i walked to my house in pain, with three holes in my heart. that could never be filled again.

then my phone rang. i wiped my tears and stared at the screen. matt. i reluctantly answered. "what do you want asshole?" i gruffly asked.

"come back. please." matt whined. i scoffed and rolled my eyes. "after what just happened? hell to the no. i hate you and your brothers." i insisted.

"okay don't hate us for this but it was a prank for youtube. i'm so sorry that we didn't tell you sooner. we thought you'd have a funnier reaction. we didn't mean to hurt you this much." matt said. i stopped. what. the fuck. was going on. i immediately turned around and sprinted to their house.

"I AM GOING TO KILL YOU." i screamed when i arrived back at their house. they all scrambled away into the kitchen where i had them cornered at the kitchen island.

"we're sorry. we really are." chris told me as they all put their hands up in surrender. "yeah you better be because it really hurt." i said but i couldn't help but smile.

"layla we will never do this again." they all said in unison which made us burst out in laughter. "matthew, what the hell is wrong with you?" i said as i slowly walked towards him.

"okay we thought it would be funny we really are sorry." he seriously said. i smiled slightly and hugged him tightly. "wait way about the annoying girl?" i asked them. they all smiled at each other.

"she was in it all as well." chris told me. i punched all their arms and pulled chris and nick in for a group hug. man, i hated those kids. not really though. i could never hate them. i loved them. mostly matt. especially matt.

authors note: AHHH ITS DONE!! i'm so so so sooo sorry this is rlly bad ik but please just deal with it. tell me if you guys want another matt story or if you want a chris one? i'll probs do chris bc i've only done matt but i have a jj one you should read! bye ilyy