It was a success...?

Cale Henituse was a cat. No one can possibly convince Alver otherwise. Not with how much of a menace he is. Not with how much he likes to roll around the bed or even lay down on his couch. Cale Henituse is a cat. A very smart and terrifying one.

He was affectionate to selective people. And for him, to some degree. He would visit whenever and do whatever he wanted. He was a walking headache. He was the type of cat that would leave you dead animals in front of your bedroom door and at first, your reaction would be horrified but then you realized that it's how he conveys his affection to you. But instead of dropping small animals in front of you, Cale would drop bombs whether it was in a figurative sense or not. He would casually drop a bomb in the middle of a conversation or blow up an entire island. You can never tell with him. He might be a little gremlin and Alver couldn't help but want to keep him by his side.

So now, he's writing a guide to possibly "tame" Cale Henituse. A clever and insane teenager that showed up one day and decided to create a shitshow wherever he went.

Step 1: Put him to work.

Alver knew that Cale Henituse likes money so he wanted to exploit this. He made a plan while consulting with his aunt. He made sure to do a background check on Cale before meeting up with him. The reports were almost describing a different person but that was probably since Cale behaved himself in front of royalty so as to not be the target of their ire.

Lost his biological mother at the age of 8 years old.

Alver could sympathize with this as he too lost his own mother at a young age. He could only feel vexation towards his father for not attending her funeral. He was the person that Alver despised the most but nevertheless, he was his father and Alver is still his child. There was no way he would stoop low and kill his father, No- he needed the king to clean up his mess before Alver took the throne and possibly find out the truth of his mother's mysterious death.

Deruth Henituse took in a second wife one year after the late countess' death.

Ah, a stepmother. Another thing that Alver could relate with. Although, unlike the current queen who did everything in her power to get rid of Alver, there were no reports of Cale's stepmother treating him badly, which was a good thing.

Quit studies.

Started drinking at the age of 15 and became 'trash' from then on.

This...

Honestly, Alver didn't know what to make of this one. No reasons were stated, not even speculations. Only the bold letters of 'started drinking at 15 then became trash'. A trashy person would not have acted the way Cale did when they first met at the banquet. That person was far from trash. He had this intelligent look in his eye, it was impossible to describe him as a trashy drunkard.

It was strange, the reports seem to be correct but it felt like nothing was adding up. Like someone else was occupying Cale Henituse's body. Alver shook his head, it's impossible. There were never any cases that could provide evidence to this claim.

He decided to just forget about it and continue with his plan. They were meeting up today. Cale told him that he had a gift for him over their last call. He said that with a very big grin, it made the hair on Alver's arms stand. Something in his gut is telling him that meeting Cale would be a headache-inducing one.

"Your highness, I have a gift for you." Without even waiting for a response, Cale placed a small bottle on the table between them. Alver was curious as to what was inside the bottle but made no move to take it. For all he knew, it could be poison and therefore didn't want to take any risks.