chapter 44

billies pov:

shit, what have i done?

i shouldn't have pressured will in telling me about her past. she wasn't ready, obviously. i fucked up.

what if will broke up with me now? i wouldn't know how to handle that. but she wouldn't do that, right?

i was overthinking way to much. 

"billie could you come back in, please. we'll continue."

danny snapped me out of it and i nodded in response.

the next few minutes i didn't really pay well attention until i unintentionally caught something anyway.

"okay, to the next point. obviously, there will be a tour. we still have to wait with further plans until we know how covid will-"

"tour?"

"that's what i said?"

"what tour? when? where?"

"like i said, we can't exactly say yet but probably in the beginning of next year or something."

i zoned out again. next year is far away. that gives me time to plan which is good. but how was that gonna work out. 

i do see myself being together with will of course. i really hope so at least. but that's gonna be really complicated... 

it's a year till then, billie. 

the meeting went on for another hour or so before i could finally go home, by that time it was almost midnight. 

i usually try to only work until the early evening but when it came to meetings with the whole team it always took way longer. 

i suppressed the urge to call will again because she'd probably be asleep by now although i wanted to apologize for what i had said. 

timeskip to the next morning:

will baby 

i'm so so sorry

can we please talk??

***

i sent her those messages last night. i knew she had seen them but she still didn't respond. i should probably visit her to talk it out in person but i didn't exactly have the time. i was booked for a meet up with people from some company who wanted to sponsor my tour or something, i really didn't care. 

i dialed lauras number and she picked up rather quickly. 

"hi bil, are you okay?"

"hey, yeah, i'm good. i just wanted to ask if i could have the day off?"

i asked with a hopeful voice.

"uhm..."

i heard her shuffling in the background.

"sorry bil, but this is really short term. i don't think you can. the appointment with the company stands since weeks, we can't tell them no now."

"please, laura. this is really important, i need this day. i gotta fix some things."

she sighted on the other end. 

"billie..."

"please, i can meet up with them tomorrow or something."