0; prologue

third person

third person

reese jordan was a simple woman. she liked having a routine, regardless of whether or not other people think it's boring, or too predictable.

she woke up, she exercised, she took a shower, she went to work, then she came home and took another shower. that's it, that was her everyday life and she was more than satisfied with it.

so, just imagine how dumbfounded and betrayed she felt when she found out she had to move all the way from georgia to new york for her job.

how is that fair? sure, at least her best friend had to go along with her, but seeing as their personalities contradict each other in almost every aspect, reese was still being thrown into war. not to mention the fact that they were put in two seperate apartment complexes.

she was a twenty-two year old woman, in a new city with only one recognizable face. she didn't have a chance, honestly.

but today? today, reese decided to not think about that. she decided not to think about anything, actually. today, all she was gonna do was relax on her balcony and soak up the beaming sun.

reese connected her iphone to her speaker and played her favorite playlist, feeling proud of herself for taking a self-care day. she wore a yellow bikini, ready to tan in preparation for the rest of summer, but began debating on taking her top off.

she absolutely, without a doubt, hates nothing more than she hates tan lines. they're the most irritating thing to her. she hated wearing a cute outfit, then looking in the mirror and noticing that some of her skin was lighter than the rest.

the ones from her bottoms were one thing, nobody in public would ever catch her in revealing enough clothes to where they could see them. but the ones on her upper body? absolutely not allowed. she cannot stand wearing a tube top and seeing the noticeable difference in skin tone on her shoulders.

which is why, after maybe two minutes of debating with her conscious, reese took off her top and laid down on the sun chair. what did she have to lose? she only has one neighbor that would be able to see, and she was 99% sure that they were at work. besides, aren't boobs just extra body fat anyway?

reese sighed in satisfaction as a delightful song started playing, and picked up the romance book from beside her. she was such a hopeless romantic. all she wants is cheesy, lovey-dovey boyfriend like the ones she reads about. she's never been in a relationship, sex was a category she was very experienced in, but she declared that she didn't have time for relationships when she became more serious about her job.

but, here, tanning half-naked on her balcony, she decided to let herself fantasize about it, just this once.

she hadn't felt that relaxed in ages.

that was until- she saw a head pop up from the balcony over. "hey, wh- oh my god!" the mysterious boy with dirty blonde hair quickly covered his eyes, his shock being evident on his face after seeing his neighbor's exposed chest.

"oh my god!" reese shrieked right after him, quickly attempting to cover her breasts with the book, although it didn't help much. she could've sworn nobody was home.

god, the poor boy who was unintentionally flashed sure was cute though. reese didn't have much time to take in his appearance, but from the little bit she did see, he might as well be a model. dark blonde messy curls, plump lips, and more tattoos than she had time to count. he was hot, and she did not like it one bit.

"uh, sorry, but what song is this?" blonde tattoo-boy asked, still keeping his eyes covered out of respect, even though he definitely wouldn't decline the offer to get a second look.

"huh?!" reese almost scoffed in bafflement.

"the song that's playing, what's the name of it?" he re-worded his previous question, obviously unphased by the disbelief in her response.

"oh, for fucks- doves in the wind, the song is called doves in the wind!" she shouted her answer at him, knowing good and well he probably wouldn't leave her alone until he got what he asked for.

"cool, okay, uh, thanks," he quickly thanked her, before returning back to his part of the property and finally uncovering his eyes, a smile growing on his face as he went on his phone to add the song to his playlist.

the girl let out a groan. how was she supposed to relax now, knowing some random man just saw her tits?

she huffed and retrieved her things before stomping back inside, closing the glass-sliding door behind her.

looks like she'll be staying inside for a while.

◇◇◇◇
authors note

ive waited so long to give this story to yall, months actually. u don't understand how excited i am 😭😭

thoughts so far?

also how r u guys mwah