19

Disclaimer:

Sexual language/content. If it makes you uncomfortable please skip this chapter.

After I got home from work, I immediately took a shower. Now, I'm staring blankly at my bedroom ceiling, thinking about everything that happened today. It still doesn't feel real that Steve Harrington is here, working for my dad. I thought I'd left everything behind in Hawkins but I've been surprised by way too many people from the past.

The sound of the phone ringing broke me out of my trance.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Come outside." A familiar voice sounds from the other line.

"Billy?" I question, wanting to make sure it was him and not a stalker.

"No, it's the other curly-headed fuck who wants you to come outside. Obviously, it's me, Lace." The playfulness in his tone surprises me, making me smile.

"Okay, well, I'm sorry, I don't usually have people calling me at this hour telling me to mysteriously come outside. You could be a stalker for all I know," I tease back, getting out of bed to check my appearance before I would inevitably make my way outside.

"Fair point but I promise I'm not a stalker. I just wanna see you." His words create butterflies in my stomach.

"I'll be right out," I tell him.

"See you soon, Lacey," he says before hanging up.

I am suddenly way more nervous than I was five minutes ago. Billy showing up unannounced, hours before Steve walked into my place of work. It still doesn't feel real.

The sun is just beginning to set when I leave my house, spotting Billy leaning up against his car, looking nearly as beautiful as the California sky.

I find myself blushing as I make my way over to his car. He is so attractive it's hard not to stare.

When we were finally face to face, I noticed that something was wrong. He had a swollen eye, already starting to bruise. Out of instinct, my hand made it's way to his face, touching it softly.

"Who did this to you?" I ask, feeling anger arise within me.

His hand reaches up to touch mine, his eyes closing, melting into my touch. It was as if no one had touched him in months and he needed it. Needed me. He looked harmless, like he could never hurt anyone.

"Take a drive with me and I'll tell you," he opens his eyes, looking like a lost animal begging to be found.

"Of course, anything you need. Let me just write a note to my dad so he doesn't freak out about where I am." I slide my hand away from Billy's face, making him wince at the sudden coldness.

"I'll be here," he says with a small smile that doesn't meet his eyes.

I quickly make my way back inside, grab the nearest piece of paper and pen to write a note to my dad.

Going out. Will be back later. Love you! Xoxo -L

Ever since the incident two years ago, when I left school with Billy and didn't tell anyone, dad had been worried about my whereabouts. He wasn't a helicopter parent by any means, he just wanted to make sure I was safe. This note will be enough for him to know that I'm okay.

I practically race out the door, making sure to lock it behind me but not wanting to waste anymore time away from Billy.

He opened the passenger side door for me, like a gentlemen, before taking the drivers seat. Music blasts through the speaker after he turns the car on, and he looks at me apologetically while turning it down.