Introduction - The Chosen One

Once every single year, Selena had to send out 10 Empiric Gems across the omniverse. This was her godly duty as she was the primordial goddess of empires and the daughter of Ares and Aphrodite, and one of the most powerful beings on the Olympian Council. If you gained possession of one of these gems, it allowed an empire to jumpstart, blessing it with tons of materials, weapons, soldiers, and even transportation. As the gems shot out across space, one in particular though, had a very different path than the others. It flew through several universes that had immense auras and even passed by gods themself, meaning along the way, it had accumulated much power. But finally the gem flew right into the heart of Earth.

——

Y/N POV:

I'm just a normal student at Heroes United, a school to teach heroes across all of reality. But I frequently get bullied because I am powerless. Well technically not, but my power is absolutely useless. I have a quirk to evolve any power I gain. I can never use it because I don't have any power in the first place. I was just sleeping, having an alarm set for 6:00 so I can get ready for any normal day. I wake up and I thought, "That must be my alarm." But as I raised my head from the pillows, I don't hear it. Yet, I hear something else. I hear a noise outside. I can't describe it, mostly a low hum but also something that radiated power. I get out of bed and open my window to see that it's pitch black out. I turn to my alarm, only to see it glowing 4: 29. "This better be good." I walk out to the front door, sliding my slippers on. I shiver a little bit, as it's late-fall and I'm in a torn up t-shirt and shorts. But I instantly warm up as a see a gem the size of a watermelon. I walk over to it and a white flash happens in front of my eyes.

I scream as power rushes through my veins, bringing me up into the sky. I don't know how to describe it but I feel my own power acting with this new boost, and multiplying it to new heights. I hear doors open around me, angry voices woken up at the sound of screaming. I then feel my body being wooshed through a portal and when I open my eyes I see a beautiful golden room around me and behind me is a throne. Somehow, I'm also hovering in the sky and something's off. I feel, well godly. "Who brought me here?" I shout.

"I did." A beautiful lady appeared in front of me, a bow at her side, but like me, I felt a powerful aura coming out of her. "I am sure you have many questions, so spit."

"Well, first of all, why do I feel like this? I feel so powerful."

"The gem you were given by Silena, miraculously gained godly power on the way and transmitted it to you. And given your quirk, you are now a god." she replied. "The gems were intended to give 10 people across the omniverse an empire, which you got but even more."

I pondered in thought for a moment for asking another question. "Then, who are you?"

"I am no more than a Watcher. We are assigned to each empire, she brings in ten new ones for every year. That means my job for the rest of eternity is to watch this kingdom grow. A small price to pay for partial immortality." I gasped. If ten people a year get immortality, then how powerful is this Silena? 

"How is this really happening to me?" I thought. "I have one final question for you. What does my empire start off with?"

"Come with me, I'll show you!" She grabbed my hand and I felt the blood rush up to my face as she pulled me into town.