- how you found out they liked you.

˚୨୧˚ ˚୨୧˚

— finney blake.

[ STATUS FRIENDS-ISH ]

➭ finney is quite shy & awkward, so he'd keep his feelings hidden for a long time in fear of rejection & embarrassment.
➭ in class, you asked finney if he had a spare pencil.
„ a- yeah, yeah! o-of course, yeah! "
➭ you laughed quietly to yourself and he laughed too. he didn't know what was so funny, but hearing your laugh made him happy enough to laugh too.
➭ [ in his head ] „ did i make her laugh? was that.. me? "
➭ his hands immediately rushed to his pencil case fast enough to accidentally push it onto the floor. he mentally cursed at himself, rushing to pick it up.
➭ being the kind soul you are, you got out of your seat and helped him pick his pencils up.
➭ you couldn't help but notice all of the little notes that had spilled out along with his pencils, you glanced at a few, and your face lit up.
„ ask her on a date, finn! you need to do it someday! -R "
„ no, stop. she's not into me and that's okay. -F "
„ dude, are you seriously fucking with me? i catch her staring at you all the damn time with hearts in her eyes. y/n is totally crushing on you, finn! -R "
➭ you stopped reading after that, afraid your heart would skip one too many beats.
➭ finney's hand brushed against yours as you tried to pick up the last pencil, both of you looked up to apologise but you ended up bumping heads as well.
sorry " you'd both blurt out at the same time, laughing as you do so.
➭ the teacher told you guys off for ' interrupting class time ' and you both sat back down, sharing an amused expression.
➭ after class, you forced yourself to speak to him in the hallway. you were so nervous.
„ finney, hey! would you be allowed to go the the arcade.. toni- tonight? " you watched as he smiled widely, his eyes smiling with his lips.
„ yeah! i- would. i would. meet- i'll meet you there, at five. " finney's smile only grew wider as he thought about hanging out with you, alone.
„ o-okay! i'll see you tonight! " you beamed as you began slowly backing away from him to get down the hallway to your friends.
„ i'm hanging out with y/n tonight..? oh. oh my god " he'd think to himself as he zoned out right in the middle of the hallway, unable to get you out of his thoughts.

˚୨୧˚ ˚୨୧˚

— robin aralleno.

[ STATUS CLASSMATES/FRIENDS(ish) ]

➭ god, being in the popular crowd was something you hated more than anything.
➭ rumour after rumour, it just got more exhausting,
➭ it got worse when your darkest secret was spread by one of the girls you trusted from that group. you thought she was one of the good ones, so it broke your heart.
➭ a few days after the rumours surfaced, the whole school knew. please, even some of the teachers knew.
➭ you shared a few classes with him, but only on thursday & friday. so you'd managed to avoid him all week.
➭ but, shit. it was thursday and your parents weren't buying your excuses to stay home.
➭ you'd cried on your way to school.
„ he's going to confront me about it and i'm going to cry like this out of embarrassment. i'm so done for, any chance i had with robin is for sure gone now.. " the voices in your head sure weren't any help.
„ but, not if i confront him first.. "
➭ luckily, you'd gotten to school at least ten minutes before classes start, and you knew where robin would be.
➭ you fast walked around the halls, everyone looking at you and whispering to their friends. but, you froze in your tracks when you'd actually seen him. he's so attractive, dear lord.
➭ you looked around before hesitantly walking up to him.
„ oh, hey y/n. what's happening? " robin smiled, sending swarms of butterflies in your stomach over the edge.
„ i.. need to talk- to- to you. p-privately " you stuttered, both of you walking outside. cause no one was ever really outside before school, especially in winter.
➭ he now stood in front of you, waiting for you to say something. the cold wind hit your skin and you shivered, it felt like you'd been frozen over.
„ take my jacket, i don't get that cold, so. i'll be alright " he took off his jacket and handed it to you, and you blushed.
„ th-thank you.. " a sheepish smile tugged at your lips as you looked down, sliding the jacket over your arms.
„ that's alright.. so, what is it you wanted to speak to me about? " his curiosity was visible through his expression, you dreaded this part.
„ um.. so, it.. it's about the rumours going around.. " your voice got quieter with every word, avoiding eye contact was a must.
„ huh? what rumours? "  robin frowned. he was upset, he'd thought finney's bullies spread another rumour about him (finney).
„ about me, l-liking you.. " you frowned, closing your eyes tightly in hope it would make the situation more bareable.
„ wait, y/n you like me? " how was a smile audible? no, your ears had to be playing with you.
➭ wait.. did robin not know about the rumours?..
„ w-what no! yeah.. n- yes, i do. i- thought you knew? " you wanted to look at him really bad, to try to read his expression, his feelings.
„ no, i didn't. but, i'm glad i do now " he softly laughed, but nothing amused him. he was over the moon.
➭ you finally looked up at him to see a charming smirk on his face, and you smiled at him.
„ wait, why? "
„ because i like you too, y/n " robin confessed proudly, almost laughing at your surprised expression.
„ wha- really? " it was a stupid question, yes. but in the moment, it shocked you to your core, but he liked you. (;
„ how could i not? you're beautiful " he nodded, proudly agreeing with his own words.
➭ a laugh escaped your lips as you were both interrupted by the bell ringing,
„ see you around, y/n " he'd wink as he left you speechless, standing outside in his jacket,