- your first date.

˚୨୧˚ ˚୨୧˚

— finney blake.

[ STATUS CRUSHES ]
^^ you are both aware of your crushes on each other. so you're aware it's a romantic type of date. this status will be the same for every character in this preference

SOO CUTE. OMG
➭ it would be a little bit awkward but not in the bad way, in the cutesy shy type of way, yk ??
➭ ^^ because poor finney would be so nervous he'd do something that would make you upset / ruin the date
➭ he'd take little glances at you during the date to see if you're enjoying yourself, and would smile a genuine happy smile when he sees you smile ): HES SO CUTE
➭ finney would have no idea what to do on a date, he couldn't ask for advice from his dad for obvious reasons, so he asked gwen. she was a girl, so he wanted to see from the girls point of view
➭ anyway, this is how you guys arranged it / brought it up
„ hey, finney? "
„ oh! yeah? "
„ do you want to- i don't know. do something on the weekend? see a movie? "
➭ he'd try to play it cool, to hold back the most beautiful smile he tried so hard to contain.
„ yeah, yeah! would you? " his heart dropped, what kind of question was that..
„ yes of course! what would you like to see? "
„ uh.. i.. i don't know. whatever is on, on the day "
➭ you guys decided to meet at a small café stand thing that was near the cinema, because both of you know that the cinema doesn't exactly provide the best snacks of all.
➭ finney got there 20 minutes early, he was so nervous
➭ when he saw you, he couldn't help but blush right away, and got tongue tied whenever he spoke
➭ during the movie, he wasn't even focusing on it. he just wanted to look at you the whole time.
➭ the way you smiled when something funny happened, the shocked expression on your face at the plot twist. he noticed it all.
➭ you move your hair out of your face during the movie, and your hand accidentally lands on finney's hand. you look at him just before you could make eye contact, he was blushing so hard.
➭ you kept your hand there, with no intention of moving it.
➭ finney was going through it. you had this boy slightly sweating, blushing, smiling, and he had butterflies for every second he was with you.
➭ after the movie, you still had a bit of time left. so you both went to get some ice cream.
➭ you had a bit of ice cream on the side of your lips, and you had no idea. finney would wipe it off gently. omg
➭ his eyes only left you when they had to. he had no idea of the plot or characters of the movie because he wasn't listening. he eyes were glued to you, and he blocked out any sound.
➭ the weather changed rather quickly, and afrer you'd finished your icecreams, it started raining. you both had to seek shelter before you got drenched.
„ my house isn't far, let's run before we get soaked! " you'd yell over the overwhelmingly loud sound of the rain.
„ what way- " he got choked up on his words as you grabbed his hand and began running,
➭ omg. and he thought it was impossible to be even more flustered
➭ you arrived at your house, in which your parents thankfully were not home.
➭ your laughs died down as you both realised how cold you both were.
➭ he followed you into your room and watched as you got out a lot of blankets.
➭ you layed with finney under a pile of blankets, and you hugged him for more warmth.
➭ he froze, was this really happening???? or was he imagining it????
➭ he slowly gave into the hug and hugged you back. you both tried to stay awake but failed miserably. you both felt so comfortable in each other's presence.
➭ after about an hour, finney woke up and moved slightly, causing you to wake up as well.
„ oh, sorry y/n " his voice would be husky, but not a morning voice type of husky. just the type when you haven't spoken for a while.
➭ you glanced over to the clock hung just above your door, and became sad.
„ finney, you have to go. it's almost five " finney's father had only given him so long to be out ):
➭ he felt upset, he didn't want to leave you..
➭ but he had to.
„ thank you, for today. it was-.. fun " finney would say, pausing as you hugged him.
➭ he hugged back & rested his chin on your head. he'd give his soul to stay in that position forever.
„ it's okay! i had fun too. i'll see you at school tomorrow! " you'd smile as you released him from your embrace.
[ on the date, there was.. ]
➭ a LOT of hand holding. very cute. finney would have strong butterflies whenever you'd be holding hands with him. he loves it, one of his favourite ways of physical affection.
➭ a lot of staring, mostly on his part. everything you did looked so beautiful in his eyes, he couldn't get enough.
➭ tension. tension as in you'd both rather be at home, tangled in each other's arms.
➭ there was a lot of old couples telling you how cute you guys looked together. you'd both make eye contact with them and they'd say something along the lines of „ ah, young love. cherish it forever! " or „ oh, you are the cutest little couple i have ever seen! "