Lancaster

It's been some time since Salem had fell to the huntsman and huntresses of Remnant. With the world finally slowing down and returning to the semi normal flow of every day life, many of the veterans of the war were able to pursue happiness in their own ways.

Take Team RWBY for example; Weiss had taken over the SDC with the assistance of her brother Whitley, together they were able to heal the world that her late father had damaged. Blake is an emissary of human and faunus integration,  bringing the white fang into a new weapon. One that doesn't walk on the ashes of war, but flames of hope. Yang started her own journey, traveling across Remnant searching into old ruins looking for treasures and has been selling then to the highest bidder.

But you may be asking, what of their leader. Well, Ruby Rose continued her work as a huntsman.  Continuing to traverse the world on missions, she made sure to always stay safe, because at home, was something, or rather someone,  she treasured dearly.

Ruby Rose walked to her front door, it was a modest home, nothing to flashy but it was what they needed to stay warm and safe.  She approached the door and was about to knock. Before her knuckle reached, the door knob turned and opened. Revealing a man, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and a smile that could melt atlas' coldest ice.

Jaune: "Welcome home, crater face

Jaune: "Welcome home, crater face." With that Ruby dropped everything and ran up to her golden knight, her forever love, Jaune Arc. Or rather Jaune Arc-Rose. 

As she hugged her husband, she felt the fatigue mystical melt away from her body, as she felt the warmth of her husband holding her tight.  As Jaune picked her up bridal style, he lead her to the couch in the front room, where she saw a mug of hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows and a peppermint stick sticking out of a whip cream dollop.  Next to that was a plate of chocolate chip cookies. They were fresh out of the oven from the intoxicating sweetness that took over the air.  She relaxed her body and felt any tension in her body melt away as she sunk into the couch.

Jaune: "I'll bring you a blanket in a second, let me make sure the stew cooks through." He said as she watched the trademark 'Remnant's Ass' walk to the kitchen. Ruby giggled to herself as she pressed the TV remote turning one of her favorite cartoons.  

Ruby: "I got so lucky.. I could never trade this for anything."

???: "Mommy!" As Ruby raised her head she looked over to see her and Jaune's daughter, Topaz.  The girl was a carbon copy of Ruby and Jaune, black hair with blonde tips,  and ocean blue eyes.  She was wearing a short sleeve hoodie dress and slippers.

Ruby: "Oh my baby. Come here!" Ruby had her arms out and caught her daughter, squeezing tight. "I missed you so much my little jewel."

Topaz: "I missed you too mommy. " She nuzzled her head into her mother, feeling thr warmth of her after almost a month away from each other.  The two sat together on the couch, laughing at the cartoon that was playing on screen.

Jaune: "Alright you two, food ready!" Jaune beckoned the two over as he finished setting the table. "I figured since it's starting to cool down lately, I thought some hearty beef stew would help us keep warm." He took off his apron and Ruby blushed, even after being married for 6 years, she still felt her heart skip a beat when she saw her husband. "Well, let's dig in." 

The three enjoyed their dinner together as they conversed throughout they chilly night.

After the meal Topaz fell asleep on the couch as her parents were cuddled next to each other on the couch.

Jaune: "Looks like someone is ready for bed."  He walked over and picked up Topaz gently, carrying her to her room, gently placing his daughter on her bed. Tucking her in and watching her smile grow as she became comfortable. There were very few things that could make Jaune feel like the luckiest man in the world, seeing his daughter, and his wife in the same building, is one of them.  He walked down stairs to see his wife staring at him, wearing a half lidded smile. The same smile that Ruby wore before Topaz was conceived. 

Ruby: "Jaune, can we go to our bed, I miss your massages." She wore a devious yet adorable smile.

Jaune: "Whatever you want, my Rose." He leaned down and kissed her forehead, wishing her up into a princess carry, walking her up the stairs. After a bath and massage, the two shared a night of intimacy that was very much missed between the two.  Luckily for Topaz, their walls are sound proof.