Chapters five, six , seven and eight

5 - Birthday girl

Weeks passed as Peter and Michelle bonded even more and spent more time with each other. She really liked Peter, he had these amazing boyish eyes and that hair with its own will and he made her laugh. some jokes she really didn't understand were they jokes or was he flirting with her and last night she caught him looking at her lips and eyes.  smiling like an idiot she knew she was starting to feel but she decided to keep it to herself.. because everytime she got close he backed away. 

Bob and her mom were back so Peter came when she was alone or was sitting on her roof and they texted constantly.

What are you smiling about? Bob asked. nothing special Michelle answered. - Better not be that boy across the street, I don't want him here or in this house ever do you understand? and no talking to him either - why not? I can't have friends - What did you say? as he came barging in her room looking absolutely pissed are you talking back to me? I forbid it. - I live in your house and do what you say but you can't keep me away from him or from making new friends. You are not my father or mother - Keep going I dare you.. - Why, so you can smack me across the face again you don't scare me and it doesn't hurt anymore. So go ahead. Or I can walk out so you can kiss that money goodbye - and that made him back off. grounded no school tomorrow and no birthday! as he slammed the door - fine by me...

Peter walked towards Michelle's house and climbed up onto her roof and before he could say hi he saw bob and heard everything. he was furious he hit her, he smacked her along the face and she stood up to him stating that Peter was important to her. his heart broke and grew in the same seconds. carefully he timed his appearance.

So your birthday is coming up huh he said as he sat in her open window.. he saw Michelle upset and exhausted in front of him. yeah friday but as you can hear.. no big deal.. How much did you hear? something about birthdays and the slamming of a door. not letting her know he heard everything. Any plans? - no, apparently I'm grounded but I really don't care anymore.. I can't wait to get out of here.. this house and him...

Well since you're my friend, be ready at seven friday. We are celebrating your birthday. - No Peter, don't bother. I'm used to not celebrating my birthday, it's fine.. - What do you mean it's fine you are gonna celebrate i'm not taking no for an answer he smiled in his boyish cocky way.. Was he flirting with me she wondered... - Fine. Where are we going? - that my dear is a surprise - Ow god i hate those - trust me you will like my suprise.. fine Do I need to dress up or ? it's a nice place but you decide. They looked at eachother with unspoken words and smiled. Wanna sit outside? making her smiled and grabbing a blanket and pillow along the way.

Michelle layed down on her back on the pillow with her blanket as peter sat next to her. - truth and honesty? making her nod and turn on her side looking at him. he hit you? making Michelle look away from him sometimes, he wasnt the only one. - and your mom? - she just tells me to give in and behave. but after the last time he backed off - last time? yeah he split my lip and head open making Peter angry and clench his jaw. - so now i threathen him with the money and he backs off. - Can you promis me something? he said making her nod - what ever happends between us if he is trying to put your hands on you run outside and towards me. can you promis that? - michelle frowned and looked at him as she saw him getting cold. Are you cold? - im fine - come here as she made room on her pillow and held the blanket open. Peter's heart was in his throat as he slowly got closer and layed down on his back as michelle was still on her side putting the blanket over him. Better? yeah he smiled turning his head towards her. they were really close and both of them were nervous. and were just staring untill michelle spoke.. I promiss Parker as she grabbed his arm and pulled herself against him.