The City of Angels

After over two days of driving across the heart of America; traversing vast prairies with glittering mountains in the distance; Tito and Francis had finally made it to their destination.

Los Angeles. The City of Angels.

The two dogs were amazed at the sights they saw. Towering glass buildings. Boulevards flanked by palm trees. 

"It feels like I'm in a dream," Francis gasped.

"Me too," Tito replied. They headed through the sunlit city streets, with cars cruising down the tarmac. Everywhere they looked, they could see tourists milling about with actors in movie costumes, outside a building with a large Asian-styled roof.

"I think I saw two guys dressed as Superman, one Marilyn Monroe and three Terminators, Frankie!" Tito crowed.

"This is of course the home of Hollywood," Francis answered. "That was Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Anybody who's anybody gets a star there."

"I could see myself as a movie star," Tito thought to himself.

"I reckon Georgette sees herself as a movie star, myself. Sadly while she has an A-List diva attitude, her talents are, how do I put it, straight-to-video!" Francis chuckled. Tito was clearly disgusted.

"No-one insults my girl!" Tito snapped. "Take that back!"

Suddenly, the two dogs' conversation was cut short by a rumbling.

"Hungry?" Tito asked.

"That would be an understatement!" Francis laughed. "Is there anywhere good to eat?"

The two didn't have to worry about food for too long, as they made their way through the bustling L.A. streets, and came upon a Japanese restaurant with a sign of golden letters set against a gaudy red background, reading:

AKIRA'S

Suddenly, Francis and Tito burst out of the restaurant with the owner, an aging man with black and grey hair, shaking his fist at them and screaming abuse at them in Japanese:

"外に出て、外に出てください!" 

As soon as he was gone, the two dogs laughed and ate their meal in a secluded location.

"This is gonna be a heck of a trip, Frankie!" Tito laughed, through a mouthful of sashimi.

"I can tell," Francis's jowls bounced upon and down, as he woofed down ramen.

Tito was right. This would soon be a trip they wouldn't forget.