[𝟔.] 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐬 𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

_______ 🐯 _______         The White Tiger stood atop the temple, his gaze fixed and unwavering as he watched over the mortals below

_______ 🐯 _______

The White Tiger stood atop the temple, his gaze fixed and unwavering as he watched over the mortals below. Soon, he sensed a subtle change in the air—it was Wukong. Turning to his friend, he spoke,

"What do you need from me, Wukong?"

The said-monkey casually perched on his staff, munching on a stolen peach.

"I was just wondering what you're up to, it's been a while since we've last hang out, don't you think?"

"Being a general for the mortal realm is no easy feat, Wukong.
I'm sure you're aware that I can never spare a minute with you this time."
General Baihu said, glancing back at the mortals milling about.

Wukong sighed deeply, pouting in a clear display of exasperation. It had been a long time since they had spent time together, and, as usual, General Baihu refused to leave his post, insisting on maintaining his vigilant watch. Resting his chin on his palms, Wukong stared blankly at the imposing figure of the General, whose powerful presence loomed protectively over the mortals he had sworn to defend.

A pang of jealousy crept into Wukong's heart, no matter how peculiar it felt.
Yet, in the depths of his being, he cherished General Baihu as more than just a comrade; he regarded him as a cherished friend, a brother-in-arms whose unwavering loyalty he valued above all else. 
Baihu was everything to him, akin to an autumn season in which Wukong would gladly bask, finding comfort and warmth in his presence.

However, he remained steadfast in his commitment to uphold the General's duties, a decision he had made independently. Observing Xi Baihu's determination, he understood that the Celestial Realm boasted an abundance of Gods and Warriors capable of defending themselves. Thus, out of deference, the Celestial Realm permitted Xi Baihu to proceed.

Descending to the mortal realm, General White Tiger bore witness to the harrowing toll of death inflicted upon humanity. Driven by a sense of unwavering duty, he intervened to protect humanity from the malevolent forces of the demons, imparting both his power and guidance. Empowered by his presence, the soldiers surged forth with renewed vigor, overwhelming the demons who had claimed the lives of their comrades.

In the end, victory emerged in the mortal realm.

____________________________

‼️This chapter has been rewritten for the sole purpose of renewing the plot of this story.

I would like to advise readers, -who had been reading this book for a few months-, to reread the newer version of this book.
As always, thank you for reading this book and making it this far to witness its progress.

There'll be more to come during the next updates (⁠~⁠ ̄⁠³⁠ ̄⁠)⁠~