Prologue

“Friends that I rely on don’t come through

They run like the river, but not you”

There You Are, ZAYN

_______________

Floating

Floating in nothingness

Her ears ring violently

She is only sure of her own existence, and even that may be a stretch

“Izuku Midoriya was supposed to be here, right?”

She hears a scratchy voice as a pale-haired man with dozens of overgrown fingers protruding from his arm sets his foot atop the head of an armored blonde.

“So he’s bound to show up soon, hmm?”

The grotesque limb kept wriggling and growing, causing discomfort to settle within her being.

“On that note, having my quirk erased right now is a blessing in disguise-”

This boy, this blonde boy she was seeing, looked so defeated and bloody. He looked to be in his late teens, though his physique was incredible for someone his age.

“Shut up”

The blonde was defiant. His voice was scratchy and his body was beaten, but his tone was powerful. His right hand lit up as he launched an attack at the pale man.

His attack failed

The pale man used his toes to grab the blonde by his hair and fling him upwards. The blonde yelped as he was kicked in the chin.

“-’cause your corpse will be left intact.”

The pale man had his normal hand wrapped around the blonde’s throat. Her heart ached as the blonde gasped for air, and she saw his bloodied face and blind eye.

“Yes, he’ll have a lovely present waiting when he arrives.”

Who is this Izuku Midoriya? Where the hell is he?!? It’s rather obvious his ally is relying on him to save his life…

“Remember when I poked you full of holes last time?”

He-he’s… been hurt by this man before? Yet, he fights with determination and speaks with wit.

Strong

He’s so strong

But he can only be strong for so long

For he is only human

“You once said you’ve always admired All Might’s triumphs.”

The mutated limbs encased the blonde,

“Well, it’s time for a reality check, Katsuki Bakugo!”

And squeezed him so tight that blood sprayed from his wide array of injuries.

“No matter the heights, you’ll never be more than Izuku Midoriya’s hanger-on, a minnow in one for all’s wake.”

Suddenly, she awoke

Her chest burned for oxygen, and her eyes blurred in and out of focus. She was naked, on top of a building in a bustling town. Her arms shot around her most intimate parts to cover them. She felt something cool in between the valley of her breasts

Y/n L/n

The dog tag read Y/n L/n

“That must be my name”

Looking around, she spotted many signs with unfamiliar dialects. Clothes were her first priority. On both sides of her were what she assumed to be alleyways, hidden away from the busy main road. Lines of clothes were strung between buildings. She “borrowed” a white t-shirt and black athletic shorts, as well as proper undergarments. Using the fire escape, she reached the street level.

People

Odd looking people

The people she saw on the street were unnatural colors, some had unnatural bodies and others seemed to defy what she thought was reality. 

Construction workers were rebuilding the damaged streets.

She was careful not to stare at any individual too long and hastily began walking.

She pushed through young teens who all wore the same uniforms, eventually reaching a secluded building. She sat on a small fountain with koi fish in it, closing her eyes and regulating her breathing. She felt calmer until a notebook flew out of a window above her, hit her head, and landed on the ground.

She couldn’t read what it said, but she observed people who were in costumes. The drawings were all well-detailed, and they all seemed to have a unique attribute about them.

A quirk

“What?”

Footsteps could be heard to her left, and soon a teary-eyed greenette rounded the corner. His steps faltered and his eyes widened when he saw her holding his precious notebook. He ran to her and gently slipped the book from her hands, he bowed at a fast pace and he spewed out word-vomit she was nowhere close to understanding. He was so flustered, her eyes widened and in a calming tone she asked “Excuse me, but can you tell me where I am?”

“Nani?”

_______________

“Can’t see when I’m fallin’, losing myself

But then I hear you calling

There you are, there you are

You’re there with open arms”

There You Are, ZAYN

A/N Greetings! I’m Ms. Mishap and welcome to my first story! This is the prologue, it’s in third person. The rest of the book will be in first person unless said otherwise.

Imma be posting on the 10th, 20th, and 30th of each month!

I really appreciate comments :)