Tonight

Surprise! Yes, this is Misty. I needed a break from writing Awoken... So here we go. Finally, that update you've all been waiting for. Pssh, you'd better thank me. (Please excuse any spelling mistakes, I didn't edit this very well.)

I looked down at my amulet, then back up at Mica, who was still unpacking on the floor. How had I never realized this before?! Could it be possible?! Did anyone else ever figure it out?!

I thought for a second. Out of all the squid people, who's been here the longest...? John came after me, so he wouldn't know anything. As far as I know, that only leaves Darien.

But does Darien know? Would he think I was crazy if I asked him about it?
I glanced over at Mica, who was twirling the microphone in her hand.

"Hey, do you think my talent could be twirling this mic?" She grinned. "I think I'm pretty beast at it." She threw the microphone in the air and caught it back in her hand.

I laughed. "Could be part of it, I guess, but that mic has got to have more use that just that. You sure you can't sing?"

She shook her head. "I guess I'm alright, but not good enough to become a full time singer."

I shoved my suitcase under my bed. "Well... I'm... Going to take a walk, I'll be back in a bit. I guess I'll see you later?"

"Yeah." She didn't seem to be paying much attention. She had found a folded piece of lined paper in her bag, and was now reading it over curiously.

I shrugged, and slipped out the door. Where could I find Darien? I don't even know where his room is. Heck, I don't even know this castle that well, I'll probably get lost. I emerged in the throne room, where the king was sitting on his throne.

"Hello Kaila, did you find your way to your room ok?"

I nodded. "Yeah, my roommate seems nice too. Though you said she has some kind of musical talent, but she doesn't seem to know what it is."

"Well, that is for her to find out for herself."

"You're not going to tell her?"

He shook his head. "Not unless she absolutely needs to be told. Now, about this concert on Saturday, have you got everything ready?"

I sighed. "Yeah... About that... You see, you can't just plan a concert like that. I can't do this all by myself, I don't know the first thing about running a concert, so... I want a manager."

"A manager? And what does that entail?"

I gave him a suspicious glance. "Didn't I have a manager? You know, before I was captured? Can't you just call them up?"

The king was taken aback. "Oh... Well... You did it all yourself, of course! Extraordinary, no squid could ever figure out how you managed it all!"

I glared at him. He's lying. I know he's lying. He's practically sweating, if squids can even sweat.

I sighed and shook my head. It's better not to say anything yet. "Well, I think I need one now, at least until I can get back into the swing of things."

He scoffed. "You've never needed one before... Ah well, I suppose I can try to find you a suitable candidate. Can't guarantee it though."

I shrugged. "That's alright, I just need some one to work with."

He nodded. "Alright, alright, I'll see what I can do. Now, with that matter aside, I heard you recruited Tori and Mark onto your sound crew. They came to me this morning, asking me if I could tell you to meet them in the auditorium, they want to talk to you about... I don't know. Sound things."