Total confusion...

<in the hallway> (wow sooo scary!)

As I walked down the hall with Darien, I thought about all that had happened today. I awoke in a strange place with no memory. How could I be sure everything the Squid King had told me was true?

I decided to say something. Maybe Darien would know something about my past. After all, supposedly he saved my from this "Sky Army".

"So, uh, Darien..." I started nervously. "Is it true that you rescued me from the Sky Army?"

"I guess you could say that," he replied. "They had brainwashed you. They tried to force you to join they're side. And you were for a while..."

"How did I get away?" So many questions were buzzing through my head right now. It was all starting to make sense. If I was captured by the Sky Army, that would explain why I recognized the name. And if Darien was the one who saved me, then that would be why I recognized him. But still, something was feeling VERY wrong here...

"I snuck into the Sky Army base and knocked you out," he looked down at his feet. "I'm sorry, but I had to. It was the only way. I brought you back here, and we had to re-brainwash you. That's why you don't remember anything from before."

"Oh..." I sighed. I guess this made sense. "Well, err... Thank you, I guess..."

"No problem. It's my duty."

We had finally reached a room at the end of the hall.

"This is where you'll be staying. It was your old room before you were captured."

I looked around the room. It seemed nice enough. But there was one thing that concerned me...

"Darien... Why are there two beds?" I asked suspiciously.

"Oh, we're expecting someone. You may have a roommate soon."

"A roommate?" I thought aloud. I had always been cautious about roommates. What if it was some wacko?!

"Don't worry," he reassured. "You won't mind the new roommate. After all, you have alot in common."

"Huh?" Now I was confused. "Like what?"

"Ill leave them to tell you that."

"Ok, well, thanks again... For, uh, saving me... I'm going to get some sleep now. Lemme just..." I began to take off the amulet.

"No!" Yelled Darien out of nowhere. "Don't take it off!"

"What? Why? I can't sleep with it on!"

"Well... Umm... It's very powerful! You wouldn't someone to steal it. Those stupid Sky Army recruits are always out trying to steal these amulets."

He held up his own. "I sleep with mine on, it's the best thing. If you're wearing it, nobody can take it without you noticing!"

"Well that seems kinda weird, but I guess you have a point..." I looked down at the amulet that hung around my neck. If it was so powerful, what did it do?

I lay down in my bed. I'm just so confused right now.

"Thanks Darien," I said. "You can go now."

"Oh, right!" He exclaimed, then ran out the door. He's acting strange... Do all squids act like this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<in the throneroom>

"How did it go?" Asked the squid king inpatiently.

"Not very well..." Replied Darien. "I think she suspects me already. She even tried to take the amulet off."

He hung his head.

The King slammed a tentacle on the arm of the throne. "We can't have her suspecting anything! Well have to work on that..."